Job Description: Assesses the health status of ambulatory patients 18 months and older. Diagnoses and treats routine medical conditions and prescribe medications when necessary. Provides patients with health education and referrals as needed. Operates under the guidelines and/or protocols set forth by RediClinic and works collaboratively with the Patient Service Coordinator to enhance patient experience. This role reports to the Practice Manager and maintains a peer relationship with other RediClinic clinicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains clinical competency in accordance with all applicable company policies, procedures, and clinical guidelines.
• Conducts comprehensive health assessments, identifies normal/abnormal health characteristics, initiates appropriate care and evaluates care outcomes. Uses judgment to work as defined by the guidelines and/or protocol set forth by RediClinic, or to collaborate with the oversight physician to manage client care.
• Identifies opportunities to improve patient's health and offer the appropriate medical tests, test panels, health screenings and other personal health management services that are offered to patients.
• Phlebotomy and vaccine administration
• Looks for ways to enhance clinical skills and seeks the appropriate channels to refine skills.
• Ensures each patient is treated with respect, dignity, and with a positive attitude.
• Ensures clinic is clean and orderly and presents a quality image to customers.
• Review clinical inbox for patient escalation and conducts random follow up calls to customers.
• Proactively discusses health education and referrals with patients as needed to meet their immediate health care needs. Consistently provides quality health care services and demonstrates outstanding patient service.
• Works with Patient Service Coordinator to ensure patients are informed of wait times and when he/she will be seen for treatment.
• Understands and can perform the patient registration process
• Aides the Patient Service Coordinator with patient throughput and flow
• Identifies patient clinical issues, resolve issues within scope, and escalate issues, when appropriate, to Clinical Coordinator
• Available to work up to 40 hours a week. Works at least two weekends per month. (For PRN and Part-time associates, the amount of work is determined by Practice Manager.)
• Floats to other clinics, as needed
• Complies with all clinic operational procedures, accounting and quality control systems.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience / Requirements:
- Must have RN licensure in the state where employed or a compact party state and be board certified by either ANCC or AANP or in state where employed and be board certified by AAPA
- Must have prescriptive authorization
- APN authorization in the state where employed to practice in Family Health by the Board of Nurse Examiners
- 2+ years of advanced nursing in family practice/clinical settings preferred
- Must be proficient in the use of all medical instruments and equipment required by the work
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians and representatives of the community
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA
Experience in marketing, sales and/or customer service highly desired
Education: Advanced Education: Advanced Nursing, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant
APN Certification Required
CPR/AED Certification Required
TB and Hep B titers
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.