The role of the Fan Coil and VAV Associate Product Manager, Airside Systems is to support the Product Manager(s) with product development of fan coil units, VAV terminals, and blower coil units. This includes activities that work to provide long term customer satisfaction, strategic brand positioning, competitive advantages, market share growth, and increased product line profitability.
Tactically and strategically supports respective product marketing plans and prioritizes activities with the guidance from Product Manager(s) to meet overall business goals.
• Works closely with others in Product Management, Engineering, Project Management, Marketing Communication, and Sales functions.
• Develops internal product knowledge of respective product lines and differentiable features and applications and applies that knowledge to identify product gaps and new product development opportunities.
• Develops general competitive understanding. Identifies strengths and weaknesses of competitors, both in product and business processes and identifies opportunities to leverage other JCI products.
• Identifies customer, market, and industry trends.
• Translates VOC's, market, and competitive knowledge into product specifications for Engineering to execute.
• Participates in the definition of new product and commercialization roadmaps.
• Business analytics
o Collects data from multiple sources. Provides product and channel sales reports and that support development initiatives. Recognizes and draws conclusions from data trends.
o Marketing product selection tool functional specification development and maintenance
Creates clear and concise marketing communications:
o Technical Literature updates
o Development and facilitation of sales collateral creation.
o Creates and delivers presentations to customers and internal personnel
o Provides product field training and customer visit support as appropriate
• Works towards deadlines and maintains timeliness of activities.
Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline and 4 years of commercial HVAC related experience in product or project management, engineering, marketing, or sales is required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate up, down and across the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Persuasive, encouraging and motivating; proven ability to influence others without direct reporting responsibility.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines promptly and efficiently.
Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies. Ability to construct brand and product messaging identifying key, relevant takeaways
• 5% travel is required
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.