Baxter International Inc. provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company ' s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter ' s employees worldwide are building upon the company ' s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Financial Development Program (FDP)
provides aspiring finance and accounting professionals with a range of unique experiences in corporate accounting and finance. Over the course of this three year rotational program, accounting and finance professionals develop their careers through a series of four rotations; two six-month rotations and two one-year rotations strategically designed to provide a well-rounded view of Baxter ' s business and finance competencies. In addition, the program provides structured training, as well as guided mentoring from strategically appointed teammates. Baxter is committed to developing its employees and providing them with opportunities that are personally challenging and professionally rewarding.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Consolidate actual financials with analysis of results.
- Prepares general month-end close journal entries.
- Responsible for reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and reviewing trends of each account.
- Prepares monthly reports.
- Provide financial analysis on special projects.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid technical and financial knowledge.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Good analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting.
- Technical and financial knowledge including, internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as business acumen.
- Strong academic performance - minimum GPA 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- At least 9 accounting credits upon graduation
- Internship/co-op experience
- Actively pursuing a bachelor ' s or master ' s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field of study OR a recent graduate (within the last 12 months)
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Baxter ' s short- and long-term business needs: initiative/drive, critical/analytical thinking, effective decision-making and relationship-building skills
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.