The AP Manager will manage and direct the full cycle of the AP process. Responsible for the prompt and accurate processing, payment and accounting of all vendor invoices consistent with company policy and procedure; and manage and provide direction and support to the JCFS AP staff.
Location: Gaithersburg, MD office
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
1. Lead and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable department. Prepare, enter, and review all vendor invoices to ensure that they are properly coded, approved and in compliance with all government and company policy.
2. Supervise the employee expense report reimbursement process. Ensure accurate coding of the expense items in accordance with the applicable government regulations.
3. Prepare check disbursement runs, match invoices to checks to ensure the validity of each payment.
4. Interface with vendors, purchasing, field project managers and internal finance team to address and resolve any inquiries or issues
5. Manage the AP month-end and year-end closings including preparing accruals for PO commitments and various expenses. Willing to work in a deadline driven environment.
6. Have a good understanding of the sales & use tax process as it relates to AP and coordinate the 1099 process.
7. Maintain all AP process and policy documentation. Identify areas of process and productivity improvement, and implement required changes. Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
8. Selects and hires employees for the groups mentioned above. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
9. Provides general accounting services to the Accounting team in the areas of billing, account reconciliations, intercompany billing and month end closing activities, when needed.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field.
2. A minimum of six years of Accounts Payable experience with demonstrated supervisory experience required, preferably with a government contractor.
3. Strong organization, analytical and communication skills with strong customer service orientation.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs.
5. Deltek Costpoint or GCS experience desired.
6. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance may be required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.