Federal Cloud Implementation Consultant
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Reston, Virginia
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 172422BR
This position requires provides implementation services and support for on-premise deployments of xStream for Virtustream’s software customers in both the public and private sector. This involves interaction and coordination with Customer’s technical personnel, as well as with Virtustream’s Product Development group including Operations, Development, QA and Support. This position must understand implementation and troubleshooting procedures with current xStream releases, and changes to such procedures for new releases. Individual may be called up to train customer or partner personnel on xStream implementation and troubleshooting, and to provide customer feedback on product feature enhancements to the Product Development team.
**DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
1. Implement, upgrade, and troubleshoot xStream software installation and third party components for customers and partners.
2. Troubleshoot production problems with the xStream portal products for and with customers including software errors, networking errors, web service errors
3. Respond to customer-initiated service tickets for reported problems.
4. Build and maintain virtualization infrastructure to support the xStream portal system both in production as well as QA environments or other proof of concept environments.
5. Ability to work independently at a high productivity level.
6. Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form; especially technical concepts.
7. Ability to work well as a member of a large team spanning multiple cultures and time zones.
8. Take initiative to accomplish tasks involving communication/coordination with Operations, Development and QA teams.
9. Plan, coordinate and execute deployment of the xStream portal upgrades to production environments.
10. Ability to read/write simple to complex PowerShell 2.0, Bash, Python, Ruby or similar scripts for system automation and configuration management.
11. High self-motivation and ability to learn multiple technologies and software applications with little supervision.
12. Ability to multi-task several projects at a time.
13. Improve existing processes and/or develop new processes to improve efficiency where needed.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
**QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS**
1. Must hold an active secret clearance.
2. Strong Linux System Administration Expertise
3. Virtualization Software: VMware vCenter 4.x/5.x,
4. VMware Certified Engineer (VCP 4+)
5. Familiarity with VMWare products, VDP, SRM, etc..
6. Strong understanding of storage network (SAN, NAS and iSCSI)
7. Strong Network understanding, Firewall, Router and Switches
8. Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2, Linux (CentOS 6.2+, RHEL 6.2+)
9. Familiarity with Databases: SQL Server 2008, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, NGINX, Apache.
11. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of enterprise networking concepts; especially as it relates to virtualized environments.
12. Familiarity with cloud technologies: Such as Openstack, AWS or vCloud.
13. Other relevant applications: RabbitMQ, Puppet, Foreman, Jenkins, Git.
14. Must be able to do up to 50% travel to client sites. (most work is done remotely)
This position is primarily sedentary and is performed in an office setting. The physical demands of this position are limited to the ability to use a computer, telephone and standard office equipment, lift up to 25 lbs., bend, stoop, and carry articles used in office activities . Frequent domestic travel, including operating a motor vehicle, will be necessary .
Administrative Services & Operations
500 - VIRTUSTREAM
VA - Glen Allen, VA - Herndon, VA - McLean, VA - Reston, WI - Madison, WI - Pewaukee