Journeyman must be skilled craftsmen in their trade, and have a minimum of five (5) years actual, practical working experience in the industrial HVAC mechanical equipment service industry. They may be required to pass a satisfactory examination as to their special skill.
Completes assigned maintenance and service duties, inspecting, diagnosing, servicing, repair and preventive maintenance of HVAC equipment. Troubleshoots and resolves HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and controls problems. Responds to service & warranty calls. Inspect, diagnose, service and repair mechanical systems using a variety of tools and instruments. Perform specified preventative maintenance including belt adjustments, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment. Perform prescribed non-destructive tests; collect and deliver samples for analysis.
Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland (military experience not required). All work is at this location. Company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, and all necessary tools are provided
Union: Local 486
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
1. Requires a Mechanical Journeyman License
2. 5+ years of industrial HVAC mechanical troubleshooting experience.
3. Valid driver's license, appropriate licenses to work with refrigerants, boiler and steam operational & service knowledge.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance and any other worksite specific badges. (This will involve a background/character, work experience, education, financial/credit and a criminal history records check).
6. U.S. Citizenship is required.
This is a Bargaining Unit Position.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.