Under direct supervision and using established standards, responsible for networking, hardware designs and software programming for security and control systems to meet the intent of the project requirements. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, JCFS field installation team and subcontractors. Responds to basic warranty calls.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Shift: First Shift, Monday-Friday
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
1. Selects hardware designs from standard design library for flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
2. Performs software programming using established standards as a basis of design.
3. Coordinates the creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
4. Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects.
5. Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
6. Gathers field changes from the project team and creates as-built drawings and software. Prepares proper documentation and/or manuals for system operation.
7. Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
8. Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system.
9. Completes administrative tasks including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
10. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
1. Two or more years experience with Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS experience preferred.
2. Visual Basic .NET and Visual Basic experience preferred
3. SQL Server databases, SQL, ADO.NET experience preferred
4. Windows 2008/2005 Server and Windows Platform experience preferred
5. SourceSafe, Crystal Reports experience preferred
6. ASP.NET experience preferred
7. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Exchange preferred
8. Networking/LANs, TCP/IP protocol experience preferred
9. FIPS 201, ASCX12N, NCPDP EDI record formats experience preferred
10. Experience with Software for Security Management Systems and Access Control preferred
11. Experience with Software for IP Video Security Systems preferred
12. Working on certifications: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CNE preferred
13. Minimum of three years of experience with installing and/or commissioning controls systems including system-level controllers preferred.
14. Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and control systems preferred
15. Demonstrated technical aptitude.
16. Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools.
17. Two or more years experience in HVAC controls hardware (i.e. flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts, electrical schedmatics) and software applications preferred
18. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.