Under general direction, responsible for the profitable execution of assigned Electronc Security Systems (ESS) projects. Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Maintains positive cash flow. Actively pursues selling change orders. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensure Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards. Responsible for following consistent and repeatable project management procedures and processes. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results.
Location: Norfolk, VA area
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
1. Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
2. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
3. Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
4. Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
5. Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
6. Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
7. Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts.
8. Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and JCI standards.
9. Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
10. Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
11. Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
12. Coordinates with the Regional Installation Manager and / or Systems Team Leader for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives. Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards. Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
13. Assists Branch Manager and / or sales in project development efforts.
14. Coordinates customer-training requirements.
15. Adheres to safety standards, local and national fire and security codes. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
1. Bachelor's Degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering,
Construction Management or Architecture, or equivalent work related experience, and minimum of five years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry.
2. Demonstrates technical competency for Electronic Security Systems (ESS) to include evaluation of contractual scope, specification interruption, basic design, installation standards and commissioning understanding.
3. Management experience with projects related to security management systems is desired.
4. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
5. Able to travel as needed.
6. Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems. 7. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
7. Experience working with Genetech security system strongly preferred
8. Minimum of an active DoD Secret Security clearance required.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.