What you will do
Johnson Controls is seeking an experienced Security Alarm Technician with Federal Government experience for a one year assignment at the Camp Lemonnier Naval Base in Djibouti, Africa. At the end of the initial assignment period, options may be available to extend your tour or move to another position within the Johnson Controls team. This position will require the person to be based at Camp Lemonnier throughout the one year assignment. Housing and meals will be provided throughout the duration of the assignment. Relocation expenses will also be provided.
Under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete Electronic Security projects with assigned customers in a safe and cost effective manner. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout. Responsible for the overall financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project billings, and collections. Maintains both customer satisfaction and profitable and accurate project financial results. Actively pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards.
Location: Camp Lemonnier Navy Base, Djibouti, Africa. All work will be on the base.
Duration: One year assignment. 30 days leave will be provided to be taken in 1 or 2 increments (preferably 2). Round trip travel is provided by the company.
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment. Eligible for bonus for completion of one year assignment.
How you will do it
1. Completes typical installation hardware design and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers, Johnson Controls staff, and subcontractors.
2. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Communicates both technical and business related issues with the clients.
3. Manages the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned via our web-based tool process.
4. Secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions. May request several bids in pricing process. Oversees subcontractor payment and billing processes.
5. Provides jobsite coordination for panel and field device physical locations. Ensures installation is in accordance with Johnson Controls standards and project requirements.
6. Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and resolves issues with subcontractors and others to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as-built and commissioning documentation.
7. Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow through best business practices and continuous improvement metrics.
8. Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to System Technicians, Electrical Installers and System Designers. Provides technical assistance to subcontractors. Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
9. Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
10. Sends warranty letter to JCI customer upon substantial completion of project and ensures proper execution of warranty.
11. Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
12. Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
13. Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
14. Coordinates with Project Engineers on bundled jobs to deliver cost efficient solutions that exceed customer expectations.
15. Follows all safety standards and has the highest regard for employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
1. Technical Associates Degree with four years of field experience or six years of equivalent related field experience in the Security industry, preferably with Lenel and Bosch systems.
2. Relevant technical hands on experience in installation, troubleshooting, commissioning and programming of digital Access Controls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), and CCTV systems.
3. Ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
4. Ability to perform work independently.
5. Strong personal computer skills.
6. Knowledge of Security System application engineering and equipment.
7. Certifications in Lenel and Bosch
8. Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret or Top Secret clearance
1. Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.