Federal Security Director (Washington DC area)
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000ZCJ
As a Federal Security Director (FSD) for Dell Inc., you will provide day-to-day operational leadership for Federal security staff. Your duties will also include:
* Serving as a subject matter expert and advisor to leadership and stakeholders regarding various Federal Government regulations to include the NISPOM, ICDs, DCIDs and other applicable government directives associated with SCI and other special security programs.
* Supporting the security mission and ensuring the deployment, management and oversight of people, processes and technology to improve performance and ensure security.
* Maintaining and modifying as needed the organizational structure that adequately supports internal and external customers.
* Formulating and initiating plans that provide appropriate Federal Security oversight that ensure responsiveness to current and future changing threat levels and compliance with the NISPOM, ICDs, DCIDs, and other contractual and government requirements.
* Advising, consulting, and providing input to Dell Global Security and other departmental staff in the development, implementation and/or expansion of initiatives affecting his/her area of responsibility.
* Analyzing, reviewing, evaluating and implementing initiatives to ensure that operational objectives, approaches and practices conform to Dell goals, requirements and policies.
* Creating a federally-compliant security environment that is driven by risk-based decisions on available information.
* Developing and maintaining a collaborative environment with Dell components and stakeholders to include sales, finance, human resources, business development, contracts, legal, IT and others as necessary.
Additionally, you will oversee several facilities in the United States that maintain facility clearances with the Defense Security Service or other federal entities. Responsibilities include:
* Managing and partnering with multiple security disciplines to include disciplines with overall security responsibility for industrial security, security investigations, governmental/program classified security, and cyber security (e.g. FSOs, CSSOs, CPSOs, ISSMs, etc.) that oversee multiple DOD and other agency programs located across the United States.
* Overseeing the successful / satisfactory outcome of all government inspections at Dell Federal sites.
* Providing administrative oversight of a staff which includes administrative taskings (timecard approvals, vacations, sick leave, staffing levels, etc.) and other responsibilities commensurate with the overall successful operation of an organization.
* Providing oversight of sites with COMSEC accounts.
* Developing, and administering security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment.
* Obtaining rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies.
* Overseeing the preparation of manuals outlining regulations, and establishing procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records, and for granting personnel and visitors’ access to restricted records and materials.
* Developing security education efforts for all facilities in conjunction with program security representatives.
* Overseeing the investigation of security violations and preparing reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
* Performing liaison functions with various Government agencies
* Interfacing with various levels of management internal and external to Dell.
* Competencies may include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
o Study and interpret complex Government requirements and translate into company policy for implementation in order to meet business objectives and provide security guidance and direction to the program(s) supported.
o Apply guidance, such as policies, directives, and/or regulations as well as an understanding of how to implement policies, directives and/or regulations in a complex program;
o Perform critical thinking by analyzing and evaluating information gathered by observation, experience, reasoning, etc.;
o Maintain a command presence by demonstrating confidence and credibility while interacting with various entities such as the public customers or higher level officials;
o Analyze, evaluate and apply risk information to your decision making process;
o Apply business and management principles involved in strategic planning and the oversight of an operating staff.
o Proven record of successfully closing complex tasks in a timely manner.
o Industrial security management experience of a large, multiple facility organization.
o Experience in coordination of a departmental/capital budget.
o Detailed understanding of ITAR requirements.
o Demon strated experience in INFOSEC, OPSEC, COMSEC, and Counterintelligence.
o In-depth knowledge of CSA Designated Databases and other tools as necessary (JPAS, ISFD, e-QIP, etc.).
o Experience with. Industrial security management systems such as SIMS or Access Commander.
o Strong Presentation Skills.
o Prior SAP/SAR security experience.
* Final Top Secret/Current SSBI (within past 4.5 years) .
* 10 years of recent experience or exposure to FSO related duties.
* Extensive knowledge of the NISPOM and how it is implemented within the NISP.
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
* Extensive management level industrial security experience interfacing with external customers/agencies.
* Demonstrated success of multiple government agencies inspections.
* Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
* You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
* Final Top Secret/Current SSBI (within past 4.5 years).
* Position requires approximately 15% CONUS travel.
Required experience includes, but is not limited to:
* Must have extensive knowledge and experience with the application of the DCID/ICD, NISPOM, and other government policies and directives as necessary for contractual compliance.
* Must have experience in DoD, SCI and SAP/SAR activities to include direct interface with the Defense Security Service (DSS) and SAP customer agencies and with the management of facilities that fall under these activities, including SCIFs.
* Experience with managing budgets, recruiting and hiring personnel, administering disciplinary actions, leaves of absence and other HR related actions.
* Experience with Classification Management, Subcontracting, and Security Agreements (DD441 / DD441-1).
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
**Job:** **Security Manager-Security*
**Title:** *Federal Security Director (Washington DC area)*
**Requisition ID:** *16000ZCJ*