FedRAMP Engineering Lead
Experienced technical manager to lead Symantec's FedRamp Engineering team.
Grow the FedRAMP Operations team including acting as the manager and mentor for the engineering resources. This team of engineers will be responsible for the operation of production applications, monitoring, and incident response.
In addition, responsibilities include leading the FedRAMP development team as a Product Owner and working across the organization to determine requirements for existing products currently being deployed in a new AWS environment. Responsible for maintaining communication to outside entities like FedRAMP consultants and partners at Symantec to ensure a successful launch of the project into FedRAMP Ready status and to achieving and maintaining a FedRAMP Authority to Operate (ATO).
Substantial experience working in a Dev/ops culture, individual-contributor experience as a systems engineer, experience building a successful site reliability program, deep AWS experience and the ability to review code.
- Manage and mentor a team of software/AWS/Automation engineers in systems
- Act as Coach for new FedRamp and micro services teams. Help setup with service-base, CD pipeline, logging, monitoring, pagerduty, canary deployment, failure testing etc, across both our commercial and Federal offering.
- Role will work closely with Senior Architects to follow through on architectural vision
- Help develop and manage the application level alerts and monitoring dashboards, as well provide metrics for the client's micro services (Commercial and Federal)
- Manage the systems and application logging platform for the client's services
- Lead tool/automation development efforts to enable Site Reliability
- Participate in evaluation of new technologies and Ensure on-call playbook exist for individual services
- Ability to identify system wide failure scenarios and perform failure injection testing
- Organize and run SIRS
- Compliance education and enforcement utilizing the client's wide tools
- 3rd party DevOps/SaaS tool evaluation, administration and ownership
- Develop and enforce standardized AMI's and AWS policy enforcement
- AWS cost optimization and education
- 5+ years of experience building, managing a SRE or DevOps team
- Understanding of FedRAMP Control Requirements based on NIST 800-53v3/4
- Experience with developing SOPs for access control, encryption, incident response, configuration management and security testing
- Experience with vulnerability and penetration testing
- Previous FedRamp and Compliance experience preferred
- Strong influencing skills to gain support and cooperation of all product development teams
- Proven ability to do technical analysis of various components of large scale systems from low-level systems concerns to application architecture and service interaction
- Experience building teams and mentoring engineers
- Software engineer with deep AWS experience
- Solid programming skills and ability to program in Python, Java or similar languages
- Experience building a successful site reliability program
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux and systems administration
- Experience with agile/scrum development practices
- Business analytics skills, budgeting and orientation towards managing costs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.