CHS Animal Nutrition
has an opportunity for a Feed Mill Operator
. You must be hard working, dependable, work well with others and be quality minded.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Operate the all feed manufacturing equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to CHS’ quality assurance program regarding ingredient receiving, load-out, and bagging.
- Perform necessary sequencing, recording, and documenting of all feed manufactured during shift
- Maintain accurate production and FDA records, entering data into Excel spreadsheet.
- Mix and prepare livestock feeds efficiently and in a manner that assures accuracy and high quality.
- Assist management with production scheduling, inventory planning & control for both ingredients and finished products.
- Determine proper routing and distribution for manufactured feeds to appropriate holding bins.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and repair as needed.
- Load and unload trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers when needed.
- Observe and enforce all company policies & procedures, adhere to all safety & FDA requirements.
- Effectively communicate with managers, co-workers, and customers
- Perform general work around the facility and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 plus years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to lift 50lbs, bend, turn, twist, climb ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- CDL license
- Farming background
- Feed Mill experience
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.