has an exciting opportunity in our CHS Farmers Alliance
group. We are looking for a Feed Mill Supervisor
to lead our operations, supervise and coordinate the activities of the production crew in order to meet requirements and quality standards for the feed plant. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Serve as a hands-on team lead in a Feed Mill facility, performing mill operations and providing guidance to others as needed to provide efficient, safe, and reliable service to patrons.
- Oversee all daily plant production with emphasis on production efficiency, quality and safety standards.
- Schedule production to meet plant requirements, take into account proper sequence, clean-out procedures, products ordered and current inventories.
- Act as a working supervisor, lead by example, provide general work direction, and foster communication with a strong customer service mentality.
- Supervise plant maintenance to ensure proper operation, repairs, and preventive maintenance requirements are met.
- Participate in performance reviews, motivating, hiring, discipline and discharge of supervised production personnel.
- Oversee and manage inventories, both ingredients and finished products.
- Enforce plant safety rules and administer all company and government regulations.
- Supervise training for personnel in regards to job duties, safety, equipment requirements and quality control to insure proper functions of assigned duties.
- Work in cooperation with company personnel to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Seek to improve personal skills and prepare to perform all support and fill-in duties when requested.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work extended hours as needed.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High school diploma
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs; climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins
- Ability to operate loaders, conveyors, tractors, track mobiles, and/or drive a forklift
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Associate’s degree in Agribusiness
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Feed and mechanical background
- Feed plant experience
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.