FHA Loan Analyst, Commercial Loan Administrator
General Job Description:
• Generally, assist and support loan production functions, including financial compilations, review of third party reports, underwriting analysis, preparation of sections of the underwriting narrative, processing loan exhibits, document collection and transmittal, and client relations. Clerical and office maintenance duties will be expected.
• Support Underwriters and Senior Underwriters.
• Work directly with loan originators and clients as assigned and needed.
Specific Production Duties:
• Assisting underwriter staff with loan underwriting. You will be assigned transactions that will be your responsibility to see through the underwriting process, with the assistance of MAP/LEAN Underwriters and/or the Chief Underwriter;
• Processing, including the detailed review of all third party reports associated with each transaction type and completing key sections of the underwriter narrative;
• Assisting in developing and refining underwriting systems;
• Supporting underwriters and senior underwriters;
• Early identification of underwriting issues and risks;
• Identify and document weaknesses in loan policy compliance and structure.
• Ability to perform all production duties of a Loan Processor;
• Perform all Loan Processor duties as needed for each assigned transaction;
• Work directly with loan originators to screen potential loans and complete initial sizings using the CO template and analyze for review by a MAP or LEAN approved underwriter;
• Analysis of investment real estate organizational documents, financial statements, rent rolls, evidence of site control, mortgage credit, and other finance related exhibits used in connection with preparing an application package;
• Performing project and comparable property inspections as assigned;
• Maintenance of Sales Force;
• Completion of closing handoff requirements and coordination with closing and asset management as needed;
• Establish strong knowledge of the HUD MAP Guide, LEAN Handbook, handbooks, housing notices, mortgagee letters, email blasts, etc;
• Learn and master all credit analysis systems and applicable bank software applications. Continuous learning related to credit risk and commercial bank systems and operations is an ongoing part of this position.
• 2-3 years’ experience as a Loan Processor or equivalent level of education strongly desired;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Commercial real estate or loan processing background strongly desired;
• Strong written and oral communications skills;
• Solid work ethic;
• Genuine desire for customer service;
• Strong willingness to work as part of a team;
• BA/ BS degree or military experience strongly preferred; BS or BA in Finance or Accounting strongly desired;
• High degree of competence with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel;
• Some travel and irregular hours will be required;
• Ability and willingness to perform other duties as requested;
• Read and comply with CO Quality Control Plan.
Bachelors degree or Military Experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.