77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
FHA Multifamily/Healthcare Senior Underwriter
The Senior FHA Underwriter is responsible for overseeing underwriting for multifamily and healthcare FHA-insured loans; be able to provide direction and grow/develop existing team of underwriters.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pursue and develop internal and external relationships to facilitate effective real estate transactions and support the line of business strategy.
- Establish and consistently follow process and procedures for underwriting real estate transactions to ensure an efficient, diligent and methodical process.
- Work with a team of underwriters to ensure deals are properly analyzed prior to formal client engagement and sign off on client engagement letters.
- Coordinate with underwriters and originators to communicate deal specifics to borrowers, including issues that arise during the underwriting process.
- Provide direction to the underwriting team who are responsible for collecting and organizing exhibits for pre-application and firm application packages to submit for HUD/FHA review.
- Assign transactions to the underwriting staff and hold them accountable to ensure the underwriting and processing are completed in a timely manner.
- Communicate with the underwriting staff on a regular basis to ensure transactions are processing smoothly and to help resolve any issues that arise during the HUD/FHA review.
- Train seasoned underwriters and junior underwriters to ensure consistent underwriting process and procedures. Establish training procedures for analysts to achieve MAP and LEAN certification.
- Attract, develop and retain a diverse pool of talent
- Identify and assess transaction risks and appropriately document in accordance with credit approval and elevate any issues which appear to be deviating from such to assist in properly managing portfolio risks.
- Complete all compliance requirements related to each transaction to minimize risk.
- Maintain a productive relationship with all partners characterized by collaborative approach and full and timely disclosure of transaction risks ensuring open communication among all team members. Establish effective policies and procedures designed to establish consistency among team members and effectively mitigate transaction risks.
- Cultivate strong leadership and teamwork among the broader organization
- Establish strong relationships with HUD program centers and Hub offices throughout the country and become well acquainted with the Hub directors and production chiefs to strengthen our business partnership with HUD/FHA overall.
It is preferred that the candidate has experience in the following areas:
- 7-10+ years of commercial real estate analysis; with a demonstrated track record of achievement
- Must demonstrate sound understanding of the fundamentals of analyzing and underwriting commercial real estate transactions.
- Minimum of five years of experience underwriting FHA-insured loans with some experience managing others in a fast paced lending environment.
- Must have thorough knowledge of HUD/FHA multifamily and healthcare programs.
- MAP multifamily and LEAN healthcare underwriter certification from HUD/FHA.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to comprehend complex projects
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Exceptional ability to influence at senior levels
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to effectively partner with leaders across the enterprise
- Strong leadership presence and ability to drive results
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial nature coupled with commercial instinct
- Highly collaborative orientation
- Strong business judgment, influence and integrity
- Self-motivated and represent Company professionally and with integrity
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.