Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Field Account Representative (FAR) is an outside sales role. This person is responsible for penetrating all assigned accounts to develop relationships to achieve profitable revenue growth within his/her assigned geography. The FAR partners with established sales and service teams to grow sales among approximately 130 large-sized contract and non-contractually obligated customers. The assigned customers are in manufacturing and office environments. The compensation is tied to the ability to achieve or exceed established sales targets and other account management tasks. The FAR will make 4-6 quality, revenue generating calls per day. The FAR is required to make decisions influencing sales for large sized customers with and without contractual relationships in his/her assigned account package. Key responsibilities include:
- Determine, prepare and present the appropriate "Grainger Value Proposition" to each account and review how Grainger can add value and help with each account's purchasing needs.
- Create a territory plan that optimizes call routes, maximizes time in the field and ensures you are delivering and executing a sales plan that meets or exceeds stated performance targets.
- Consistently maintain account and customer contact and record follow up details in Grainger's CRM (Salesforce).
- Proactively drive sales with each account while utilizing a wide array of available communication channels to maximize revenue.
- Be timely and responsive to customers' real-time needs.
- Guaranteed base + uncapped commission $$$.
- Company car provided, all expenses paid (gas, insurance, etc).
- Company-issued laptop and iPhone.
- Enrollment in the Grainger Sales Training program, with guaranteed 100% commission pay during first three months in role (new hires only).
- Incredible career path opportunities - we invest in your professional growth!
Further information of note:
- Work locations will be dependent upon conditions of the aligned customer locations (including manufacturing, healthcare and office environments).
- You could be required to wear personal protective equipment (i.e. protective footwear, safety eyewear, etc.).
- Reports to a Field Sales Manager.
- Compensation will be driven by the ability to achieve or exceed established sales targets and other account management tasks.
- 1-3 years of sales or relationship building experience.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- High integrity in all business dealings.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or GED, two or four year degree preferred.
- A valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel and have occasional overnights (dependent on territory).
All candidates must demonstrate ability to:
- Grow revenue to stated thresholds.
- Drive a Grainger branded vehicle within assigned sales territory.
- Achieve or exceed stated metrics of daily calls, customer face time minutes, etc.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when interacting with all accounts and determining product and service offerings.
- Effectively use quantitative skills to report accurate information on overall results of customer interactions.
- Work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Understand buying decisions, buying processes and cash flow dynamics of aligned customers.
- Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe, presentation, over-coming objections.
- Identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales; manage business needs and cost requirements.
- Understand, apply and synthesize data/information regarding customers and account package.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.