Airgas Inc. ( N YSE:ARG ), through its subsidiaries, is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical, and specialty gases and related hard goods, such as welding supplies. Airgas is also the third-largest U.S. distributor of safety products, the largest U.S. producer of nitrous oxide and dry ice, the largest liquid carbon dioxide producer in the Southeast, and a leading distributor of process chemicals, refrigerants and ammonia products. AIRGAS ON-SITE SAFETY SERVICES
(an Airgas company) is a premier provider of safety services and safety rental equipment in North America, with over 25,000 units in our fleet. Airgas On-Site Safety Services currently offers rental safety equipment in over 25 service centers in the United States. Job Profile
Reporting directly to the President and/or National Operations Manager, the primary function of the Field & Labor Services Manager is the accountability for Field & Labor Services and Support of the company to meet specific performance goals for Company that includes but is not limited to the following: We are looking for a Field & Labor Services Manager to perform and direct the following
Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS: Education and/or Experience:
- Rescue Services and personnel
- Craft Training (Rescue, Coordinators, HW, Equipment, Air)
- CSVM Training deployment (Rescue and All air and equipment techs)
- Project Managers - Hiring, training, development, management and reviews
- T/A Breathing Air equipment management, process reviews and training (Air Boss and high pressure systems)
- Air Services (labor and equipment) support for Turnarounds
- Branch Breathing Air Production SOP training
- Review of job costing and project profitability and communicate to management team
- Toadfly/SNR support, maintenance and project training
- T/A - Project Invoice approval before posting
- Coordinate review of billing with 3 rd Party labor providers, develop process and communicate process to those utilizing the manpower
- On-Site Stores implementation team/support
- Sales support via Presentation and Job walks.
- S.M.A.R.T Target adherence Job walks, start meetings, execution, post review meetings, customer evaluations, Project Scorecard
- Insure post project reviews are done timely and communicate to management team results
- Fire Services (where applicable)
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Successful completion our training and certification courses; provided by Airgas On-Site Safety Services
- Background verification and drug testing required.
- Minimum of 5 years operations experience with a Safety Services company, managing field personnel for projects and turnarounds
- Minimum of two years in a supervisory and/or management position
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Two or more years of college
- 4 year Undergraduate degree preferred, or, some college with solid 5 plus year's management experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Ability to develop working relationship and respect to both customer and supplier organizations.
- Exemplary integrity and ethics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Utilization of PC with intermediate skills for Microsoft Office software, with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Will need a good working knowledge of Navision and T2 Track
- Good aptitude and understanding of process driven software.
Employee development programs include the following basics PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift between 50-75 lbs.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Willing to be on 24 hour call
- Willing to work extended hours
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations at a moment's notice
Use of analytical, organizational and observation skills that demonstrate the ability to grasp concepts or needs, organize, implement, and manage programs/solutions. The person who holds this position should possess the following skills, abilities, traits, and knowledge (expressed in summary terms):
- Strong knowledge of Safety Services Rental Industry
- Good management skills
- Accounting background
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skill
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Majority of job activities will take place in an office/warehouse environment, with limited on site requirements
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 40% of time
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.