Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey. What You’ll Get to Do:
Under limited supervision, provide pre-sales and post-sales technical application support to our sales team, distributors, and customers within an assigned region/territory. Utilize engineering knowledge and experience to help with product/hardware selection according to customer's specifications. Accompany Sales Engineers on customer visits as required.
- Resolve pre and post-sale engineering/technical problems in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to customers according to the applications and customer needs via phone or at customer site. Troubleshoot technical issues and provide feedback to corporate technical team. Perform and communicate failure analysis to customers and corporate technical team
- Conduct training seminars at customer locations or at corporate headquarters.
- Develop project solutions, program conversions from other systems, and consult on customer developed solutions
- Build technical relationships with customers
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience :
- BS in Engineering or other related technical degree
- 7 years technical application experience in the automation industry (with customer contact preferred)
- An understanding of automation controls products (PLC, HMI, Servo, and Sensors) in order to provide in-depth knowledge
- Require knowledge of both software and hardware.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, with strong Word and Excel ability
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Opportunity focused & Results driven
- Proactively improves customer relations; Responsive, Identifies Needs, Monitors Satisfaction
- Clear vision, sense of urgency, effective prioritization, and adjustment of activities; Effective time management, leverage or resources
- Communication and Collaboration
- High level of proactive communication (written/oral) & Build networks, collects and shares wisdom through training/experience
- Provides clear direction and expectations; Closed loop feedback
- Decisive, focused, and proactive drive for execution; Raise the Bar – independent implementation of solutions
- Strategic and Innovative approach to complex engineering issues
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in complex organization with many points of contact
- Timely communication with the Customers, Sales Team/Group Sales Manager, Product Managers, Marketing, and Technical Services
Other Requirements :
- 40% domestic travel
- 20% overnight domestic travel
- May be required to wear protective gear when visiting offsite locations.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales Company of America, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, has a long, distinguished history of serving the North American manufacturing sector. Our aim is to support local manufacturing with products, technologies, and service that promote our customers' immediate and long-term goals. Our OEM industrial electronic components, subsystems and factory automation are geared to a diverse range of industries. ICD aims to achieve strategic partnerships, as well as support the development of North American manufacturing.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.