Field Applications Engineer San Jose CA Job Description
As part of Intel, we will continue to apply Moore's Law to drive the future of field-programmable gate array (FPGA) technology. The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) has been delivering industry-leading custom logic solutions to customers since inventing the world's first reprogrammable logic device in 1984. In order to take advantage of the many opportunities that we see in the future for FPGA's, PSG is looking for outstanding Field Application Engineers (FAEs) to join our team.
As an FAE in the sales organization, you will be responsible for assisting customers with the design and implementation of their product requirements, utilizing our FPGAs, Intellectual Property, and Enpirion power solutions. This role will include product positioning, on-site customer support as needed, and will include being a technical consultant to our key customers as they go from architectural evaluation through completion of their designs. By understanding customer system requirements, and providing expertise in the use of our products, we enable them to bring competitive products to market in a time frame that maximizes their success. We value technical excellence, customer focus, professionalism, and teamwork.
Your specific role will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Contribute, and execute, to territory, account, and opportunity plans as part of the Strategic Sales Team
- Engage with our customer's high level system architects, and key decision makers, to understand their system applications, influence their design choices, provide creative solutions to their problems, and ensure that they are architected with, and around, PSG's products
- Align with the key influencers, both at Intel, and the customer's technical staff, to coordinate design support and technical training
- Demonstrate teamwork, and ability to work effectively in informal, and formal, teams with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Use your strong presentation, and communication, skills to present the capabilities of Intel's product portfolio, and perform demonstrations of feasibility studies, and proofs of concept, in customer meetings and seminars
- Ensure that Intel's roadmap is aligned with our customers' long-term requirements by being an internal advocate for their product and support needs
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for a position and that may, or may not, be available for all location(s) at this time. If interested in this position, we encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you if/when relevant. Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of FPGA experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of RTL experience coding, debugging, and/or verification
- Must be willing to travel
- BSEE or related degree
Preferred (Additional) Qualifications
Inside this Business Group
- Previous FPGA experience in an engineering, applications, technical marketing, and/or FAE role.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.