Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Field Business Systems Analyst acts as a liaison with business operations stakeholders to analyze the needs of various functional business areas while enhancing software and reinforcing business process standards. Based on knowledge of and experience with systems and design processes, the Field Business Systems Analyst partners with information technology experts to design, develop, document and test solutions that meet business requirements. The Analyst ensures that solution requirements are clearly documented, communicated and validated. The Analyst is also responsible for knowledge transfer through effective user community training.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Serves as the primary liaison and point of contact between IT and assigned functional business area for routine software development and enhancement projects.
• Conducts detailed reviews of divisional billing, cash application, and revenue generation processes.
• Develops, implements and delivers system applications training.
• Coordinates functional requirement gathering from Functional Subject Matter Experts.
• Performs research and analysis for proposed projects in order to determine feasibility and presents findings to management.
• Reinforces corporate standards in use of applications and business processes.
• Facilitates system enhancement requests and coordinates the related application enhancement release schedule.
• Works jointly with other IT personnel to create detailed project workplans.
• Creates detailed documentation of functional, system (non-functional), user and reporting requirements that may include but is not limited to: Use Cases, Logical Models, Process Flow Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
• Coordinates status meetings and produces progress reports.
• Responsible for knowledge sharing with the IT Customer Support team.
• Provides support to functional and user acceptance testing groups.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• Ability to travel.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
High school diploma or G.E.D. (Required)
• Minimum of 2 years of experience performing systems analysis and translating business needs into definable systems solutions (Required)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology or related field(s).
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more roles focusing on process improvement and financial analysis in the waste industry or related field(s).
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.