GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. As a division of General Electric Company,GE Transportationis a global technology leader and supplier to the railroad, mining, marine, stationary power, and drilling industries. We drive change and progress - by rail and across oceans. We go farther and dig deeper, with advanced technology that connects people, data and machines, so resources can be gathered, goods can be transported and economies can thrive. GE Transportation is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and employs approximately 12,000 employees worldwide. Learn more about GE Transportation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Field Coil Test/Fin/Insp
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Field Coil Test/Fin/Insp role strips, cleans, winds, insulates, processes and tests operations on new and UX field coil components utilizing manual and automated equipment in accordance with manufacturing and quality procedures. In this role you will inspect work completed on components to internal inspection criteria for compliance to quality or engineering requirements.
In addition you will:
* Be responsible to perform work in a safe manner in support of lean manufacturing principals such as but not limited to 5s or single piece flow
* Perform special process such as quality audits, welding or non-destructive testing, all of which will require special training, qualification or certification
* Provide manufacturing support for manufacture or remanufacture of new and UX field coil components for the facility
* Utilize manual and automated production equipment, various hydraulic or pneumatic tools for completion of responsibilities in accordance with in-house manufacturing and quality procedures to ensure all products meet specified requirements
* Inspect work completed on components to internal inspection criteria for compliance to quality or engineering requirements utilizing fixtures, precision measuring devices and or testing protocols
* Sign-off on the process documentation for each of the work steps performed
* Process components in compliance with internal processing requirements
* Perform work in compliance to all safety and EHS policies and procedures
* High School Diploma / GED
* 2-5 years experience in heavy manufacturing environment
* Participation in on the job training for 3 months
* Ability to safely complete job tasks utilizing manual or automated equipment as well as use of gauges needed for inspection or testing as required
* Ability to document and record inspection results per in-house procedures
* Successful completion of quality audit to internal procedures on assigned product line and/or use of equipment
* Ability to complete quality, safety and special process training, qualification or certification
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Knowledge of EHS procedures and policies
* Knowledge of safe use of manual equipment and hand tools for assigned product lines
* Working knowledge of use of inspection measurement equipment
* Understanding of all manufacturing and quality procedures associating assigned product line in a lean manufacturing environment
* Ability to maintain acceptable defect rates
* Ability for successful completion of training requirements
* Trained in special processes such as, but not limited to, welding or non-destructive testing and auditing
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.