GE Healthcare at http://www.gehealthcare.com provides transformational
medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more
affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies
taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug
discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE
Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
target="_blank">Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About
GBL SVCS NB
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Acts as the primary GEHC Services face to the customer(s) served. Responsible for meeting the
daily service repair needs of designated Imaging and Biomed equipment, to include multiple
modalities of the customer's equipment. Individuals with Xray expertise preferred. Drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence. This role is based in the New York Metro area and is a day shift position.
1. Troubleshoot, install, maintain, and service repair needs on designated equipment.
2. Evaluate progressively complex, customer biomedical equipment issues and implement
3. Perform on-time and accurate planned maintenance (PM), Field Modification Instruction, and
4. Own customer issues from dispatch or identification of issue to resolution.
5. Maintain daily communication with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading
to customer satisfaction.
6. Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, continuously building on and enhancing
relationships with customers to become a perceived partner in their business who is able to
recommend value-added services that will help the customer run their business more efficiently.
7. Maintain daily communications with customers without direction.
8. Follow as well as guide others as needed regarding appropriate GE policies, procedures,
hospital protocol, and complete necessary documentation.
9. Engage with other team members (including Remote Technical Engineers and Zone Service
Engineers) to ensure they are aware of the status of all issues at all times for their designated
10. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
11. Understand and communicate business goals and objectives to the broader GE team servicing
12. Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities (e.g., maintaining customer service logs and
internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, managing cycle times).
13. Utilize the GEHC escalation process, as needed, and work closely with region and national
support to define and support implementation of corrective action plans to resolve customer issues
in a timely manner.
14. Identify potential sales leads and participate in sales opportunities (e.g., contract renewals,
assist with promoting and implementing of revenue programs).
15. Keep up to date with competitor information and market trends.
16. Identify business opportunities for the organization.
17. May include basic/refresher application training of clinical staff on designated equipment.
1. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR
equivalent military education and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR High
School Diploma/GED and 4+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment.
2. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a
solution based service process.
3. Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in
an easy to understand manner.
4. Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic
5. Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
6. Experience with Web applications and technological programs (e.g., IPad, Iphone Microsoft
7. Capable of performing special physical requirements (e.g., able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 35
lbs unassisted; and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit, stand for
long periods of time; and reach at, above, below shoulder level; and flex/extend neck; and has
good hand, finger dexterity and specific vision abilities including color, close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception).
8. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
9. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including
weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
1. Strong clinical expertise and knowledge across all GEHC systems and equipment, preferably Xray.
2. Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
3. Strong time management and organization skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
4. Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
6. Training and experience in multiple modalities.
7. Exhibit the mentality that customers determine our success.
8. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency.
9. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
10. Empower and inspire others.
11. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment.
12. Located near Customer site(s) and can travel to nearby sites as needed.
Locations: United States; New York; New York Metro
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.