GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Services Project Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Field Engineer is a key part of the operations team responsible for design, planning, execution, and troubleshooting of Asset Condition Monitoring Systems focused on meeting customer and business goals. This position will be focused on site management (projects based) or systems and instrumentation (reactive based) service dependent on the skills of the successful candidate and needs of the business.
In the role of Field Engineer you will:
* Manage projects / service installing Bently Nevada hardware and software in a wide variety of machine types encountered in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, and other process industries
* Perform designs (using AutoCAD) of all necessary machinery modifications, transducer brackets, cable routing, junction boxes, monitoring systems, computers, software, and all project aspects to retrofit for transducers and monitoring systems
* Assure service is executed in accordance with the cost allocations that are budgeted, including direct cost and labor hour management
* Assure the service is executed in a timely manner and in accordance with the customer's schedule
* Understand contractual commitments
* Coordinate different personnel and groups involved in the service contract
* Supervise mechanical and electrical sub-trades, and machine disassembly / reassembly
* Install transducers and configure monitoring systems
* Identify problems and take the initiative to eliminate those problems for project / service success
* Complete installation documentation
* Monitor site safety during site execution
* Perform installations, commissioning, and trouble-shooting of Bently Nevada Hardware and Software Products and Solutions at GE and customer locations
* Complete standard service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements timely
* Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality
* Support the growth initiatives of the business
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanics (BSME) or Electronics (BSEE) from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 2 years of project management and/or industry (energy and/or oil & gas) experience
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 80% of the time, as required
* Ability and willingness to work significant over-time
* Ability and willingness to possess a valid driver's license and passport (or able to obtain a passport)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Demonstrates authority and assurance dealing with people
* Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel
* Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills. "Hands-on approach"
* Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; Experience working independently; Experience prioritizing, organizing work, and meeting deadlines
* Experience setting/meeting aggressive targets and working under stressful working conditions
* Strong computer skills using MS Office software
* Knowledge of Bently Nevada products and services or other machinery protection and management systems
* Public presentation & training skills
* Knowledge of machinist tools and electrical trade
* Knowledge of rotating machinery operation and controls systems
* Familiarity with tools including but not limited to: Bently Nevada TK-Series Test Kits, Thermocouple Calibrator, RTD Calibrator, handheld DMM, function generator, power supply, oscilloscope, basic hand tools (training available as needed)
* Experience reading, interpreting, and understanding mechanical and electrical prints
* Experience using AutoCAD
* Basic familiarity with computer network systems
GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Start your career on the right path.Join our results-oriented team at GE Oil & Gas today!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.