Performs as an on-site support liaison between Panasonic and Airline Customers and OEMs to ensure customer satisfaction and optimum performance of all Panasonic equipment. Provides service, technical guidance, support and training to airline customers to ensure product performance and reliability objectives are met. Represent Panasonic Field Engineering interests in resolution of technical issues with other Panasonic and customer engineering departments.
Service, Support, and Troubleshooting
• Provide technical guidance and field assistance to Panasonic personnel and airline customers in troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, network, and software issues. Provides accurate, detailed and timely responses to problems and queries.
• Provide troubleshooting assistance and support for new equipment installations, enhancements or modifications for hardware, wiring, and software integration and issue resolution. Work closely with engineering departments to ensure timely and accurate corrective action is achieved.
• Review mechanical, electrical, and software installation documentation to verify that all specifications are met.
• Work with training department to conduct operational, line and maintenance training for airline customers.
• Assists in aircraft delivery and support during flight test and customer flight acceptance.
Liaison to Airline Customers/OEMs
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Panasonic products and installations, including system software and associated equipment. Remain current as new products and enhancements are released. Continually obtain new data, specifications, and interface often with the groups developing new products and software.
• Provide regular, accurate and detailed technical reports to Field Engineering management and/or appropriate departments on all activities, observed field problems, and customer issues. Provides clear and concise written and verbal communication and often participates in continuing problem investigations.
• Work closely with airline customer technical departments by providing timely and accurate data, reports and feedback.
• Maintain a detailed working knowledge of aircraft avionics systems which interface with Panasonic equipment.
• Participate in resolving system operation, maintenance or reliability issues by conducting investigations, collecting data to identify the scope of problems, and participating in the recovery plan as required with other departments. Monitor failure trends and possible quality or reliability problems.
• Provide field inputs to other Panasonic departments, (i.e. Product Support Engineering, Field Engineering Offices, Repair Center, Training, and Program Management) concerning technical product issues, installation or documentation related problems. Collect data required by Support Engineering to evaluate problem areas within the system software.
• Provide a consistent communication path to engineering for problem resolution. Establish a strong inter-departmental Engineering interface and support.
• Monitors and coordinates engineering solutions and implementation of fixes/solutions.
• Ability to carry out assigned responsibilities while working independently and/or closely with peers and supervision; capable of establishing work priorities.
• Ability to multitask and apply priority to projects with adaptability and urgency while meeting timelines.
• Ability to understand and use wiring schematics, diagrams and other engineering/aircraft documentation.
• Working knowledge of Linux/Unix commands, file system structure, and overall familiarity with the various processes.
• Able to operate standard electronic test equipment and tooling.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting methods.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• MySQL database experience a plus.
• Proficient in the utilization of MS office suite and Oracle.
• Understand aircraft systems that interface with PAC equipment.
• Understands recommended spares requirements and coordinates the delivery of spare equipment for airline customers. Review RSPLS for Marketing Business Proposals.
• Familiar with FAA, CAA, and ATA requirements for avionics equipment.
• Ability to manage individual assignments and participate in team planning activities.
• Ability to write and converse effectively with peers from Panasonic, Airline customers and other vendors on a technical level.
• Ability to present Panasonic interests to non-technical people in meetings and various reports.
• Capable of identifying engineering problems in software and hardware and reporting to Field Engineering management, (i.e. problems can be fundamental design issues with software, power, and electronic components or they can be aircraft environment related).
• Demonstrated engineering-level product knowledge on avionics and related software areas.
• Learns to use professional concepts.
• Applies company policies and procedures to resolve issues.
• Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
• Associates Degree/equivalent educational qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering or related degree; or 2-3 years engineering experience in Information Technology, electronics/avionics systems, software or broadcast technology may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Typically requires 0-1 years of related experience (with AA Degree).
• Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises. (For Boeing, employees must possess an active Washington State drivers license and submit to a DMV record check).
• Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
• Willing to work weekends and beyond normal business hours as required.
• Ability to travel up to 50%, both domestic and international, often on short notice.
• Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and operate in confined spaces for extended periods.
Location/Division: Jamaica, Queens, NY, USA Job Requisition: 1601876
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.