Monsanto's North America Field Testing Operations team uses a large fleet of highly specialized research equipment with cutting edge technology to collect millions of data points from research plots. The data collected with this advanced equipment is an integral piece that drives advancements to Monsanto's product pipeline as well as supports Monsanto's vision of producing more, conserving more, and improving lives. Achieving this vision requires employees with inspiration, innovation, and a passion for applying state-of-the-art technology to revolutionize agriculture.
The Field Equipment Strategy and Analytics Co- Op will work with cross functional groups across the Research & Development Technology Organization to generate process metrics, create data visualizations, and assist with analyses to maximize the efficiency and quality of the research equipment fleet. These metrics and analyses will enable data driven decisions on future fleet strategy and logistics.
The position will be based at the Huxley, IA
facility and will run from June 2018 - December 2018.
Participating in Monsanto's Summer Internship and Co-Op Program offers a dynamic experience where you will be exposed to exciting research challenges and will have ample opportunity to work with interdisciplinary scientists, engineers, and data scientists to foster career growth and development while delivering innovative solutions. Additionally, you will connect with other students across the organization in structured networking and learning opportunities. Upon completion of the program, you will present your findings to an audience of peers and senior management where students network with leaders and learn more about future career opportunities at Monsanto. Required Skills / Experience:
- Candidates must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Agronomy or Agriculture, Data Science with an emphasis in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Agriculture analytics, Process or Equipment Engineering, or other relevant degree programs.
- Must be returning to school upon completion of the co-op to continue current degree program or pursue an advanced degree.
- 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Completed courses in Statistics, Process Automation, Data Modeling and Visualization, Agronomic Technology, or similar is preferred.
- Proven experience evaluated through the interview process in complex problem solving, basic agronomic practices and terminology, and project management.
- Successful individuals will need to be detail and results-orientated with the ability to work independently, and able to communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
- Experience in Ag Systems Technology with emphasis on analytics / metrics
- Experience in Agronomy with Logistics ground
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.