Field Events Marketing Specialist - Public Sector Marketing Oracle North America Marketing
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing North America Marketing team. The Field Events Marketing Specialist will organize and ensure the smooth operation of key marketing events, from planning and budgeting to implementation and reporting. This includes third-party and Oracle-led events - from intimate networking receptions, to co-sponsored webcasts, to major trade shows - that generate leads for our North America sales teams. Key responsibilities:
- Work with a team of program and events specialists to evaluate the events calendar for each fiscal year and assess new ideas
- Take ownership of assigned events, including budgeting, planning, forecasting, execution and follow-up with sales teams
- Collaborate across business units (Product Marketing, Product Development, Go to Market, etc.), as well as with content marketing and campaign strategists, to align around messaging, event format, and goals
- Coordinate with program managers on pre -event promotions, on-site branding, and outside vendors
- Lead post-event communications with sales and digital teams to ensure proper and consistent lead flow
The Oracle Experience
- 4 years in an event specialist role, preferably within marketing
- Knowledge of the Public Sector space a plus
- Strong understanding of communications strategy, marketing and branding principles
- Proactive, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong collaborative and relationship-building skills
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and best practices for event planning and promotions
- Good understanding of lead generation and flow within a B2B organization
- Expertise in managing projects across various, regionally distributed teams
- Experience working across departments, with leadership, and with external agencies to guide event strategy
Big things are happening here at Oracle. As the Cloud leader, we offer the broadest suite of Cloud solutions - and we're introducing new services every month for 400,000 customers worldwide. Innovation at this level starts with our employees: we look for creative people with an entrepreneurial spirit ... those who see new possibilities and welcome new challenges.
Oracle employees enjoy industry-leading compensation and benefits, a flexible work environment, educational opportunities, and work/life tools to balance professional and personal goals.
If you're looking to elevate your career - and have fun doing it - you've come to the right place. Travel Component:
Approx. 20-30% travel within the United States and Canada may be required to successfully fill this role. Position Location:
Prefer candidates who can work onsite at Oracle office in one of the following locations: Reston, VA | Redwood Shores, CA | New York, NY | San Diego, CA
Role is based in North America and requires close coordination with virtual team. Be part of the innovation! Qualifications:
Plans, executes, and measures demand generation marketing programs to grow sales pipeline and revenue for Field Sales organization.
Meets with Sales leaders to create strategic marketing plan in support of Sales pipeline and revenue objectives. Participant in regular pipeline and forecast review meetings. Develops and implements tactical marketing programs in conjunction with Sales, Channels, Product Marketing, Product Management, Oracle Direct (Telesales), and external influencers such as user groups and industry trade associations. Provides onsite execution support for marketing programs. Tracks lead flow to ensure the appropriate Sales channels are following up with event attendees and campaign responders in a timely manner. Creates and manages program budget, measures ROI through metrics analysis and reporting.
Proven track record executing multi-faceted event programs. Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to engage customers in dialogue about their business needs and IT solutions. Excellent written and verbal skills, and ability to work on far-flung virtual teams. Understands principles of Sales business/revenue/pipeline management. Moderate technical and strategic understanding of Technology, Applications, and Industry solutions being marketed. Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and processes from event design to execution to lead flow.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.