Air Products, a company of approximately 15,000 employees, is the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. We strive to be a company of choice that is recognized by its colleagues, customers, and community as a company that draws strength, opportunity and financial growth from the diversity of its workforce. Our success will be directly attributed to having a work environment that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful of all people.To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center @ www.airproducts.com/careers and apply to Job Req #21835BR.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Field Maintenance and Service Technician at our Midlothian, TX site. He / She will have a company vehicle and respond to work orders for bulk gas systems located at our customer sites. Successful candidate will:
- Be responsible to install product storage, processing and delivery equipment at or for customer sites.
- Be an independent and motivated person, able to handle numerous projects at once.
- Possess good communication skills a must (both verbal and written).
- Have good organization skills.
- Be familiar with piping systems, valves, tanks and equipment.
- Have excellent project skills in the area of scope development, customer interface, and overall project management a plus.
- Be knowledgeable in equipment selection, crane coordination, transportation scheduling, installation, startup support, contractor/maintenance tech supervision and customer training are keys to success in this position.
Successful candidate will be required to demonstrate extremely high standards of safety performance, both while performing activities at system or customer sites, and while driving company vehicle. Field Maintenance & Service Technicians are among those employees with the highest exposure to our customers. As such, all grade levels of Technicians will present a professional appearance, confidence, and demeanor at all times.
He / She will need to seek out diverse thinking to maximize the use of others' experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. The ability to introduce new ways of looking at problems and getting work done and proposing value added solutions is important to this position. Integrity is a vital part of the Air Product's culture and employees are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards and communicate across all channels with respect and honesty.In addition, the Technicians must:
- Demonstrate Safety aptitude and willingness to learn/be coachable.
- Demonstrate and practice working knowledge of safe rigging and lifting procedures.
- Demonstrate quality brazing techniques
- Demonstrate and practice safe handling of hand tools and hand power tools typically and commonly used in installation and maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to read engineering drawings, flow sheets, equipment layout, piping drawings, and electrical controls schematics.
- Understand the properties, behavior, and hazards of the products he/she is likely to encounter.
- Exhibit basic project management skills, including where appropriate, equipment and materials selection, contractor supervision, system startup and operational readiness procedures, and proper system technical and commercial documentation.
- Possess and demonstrate strong internal and external customer interface skills and aptitude.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Excel, InfoPath
- Familiarity with cryogenic and gas delivery systems
- Excellent communication skills; technical writing, phone etiquette and email
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years experience in maintenance/installation
Students with a background in Industrial Systems, Machine Tool Technology, Electromechanical Technology, Mechatronics, Automotive Technology, HVAC, Process Technology, Electrical Technology, Instrumentation Technology are encouraged to apply.
Air Products is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company values the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, 401K plans.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.