Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
D&D Power / RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of generators, light towers, welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 70,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 70 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
The incumbent supervises personnel in a safe and efficient manner. We are looking for A Field Manager who can:
• Follow company issued policies and procedures to maintain the safety of employees.
• Oversee services performed on equipment.
• Monitor customer invoices
• Dispatch service calls and equipment moves as required
• Provide weekly schedules for service technicians and ensures that equipment does not exceed preventative maintenance intervals.
• Scheduling and Planning
• Practice open communication with management about daily operations.
• Work with third party vendors to schedule operations.
• Reporting for repairs that have been made, that need to be made, and parts to order.
• Other tasks as required by management.
• Post secondary education equivalent to a one year Technical College or equivalent is an asset.
• Minimum two years experience repairing welding equipment
• Working knowledge of positioning equipment, welding application and equipment is an asset.
• Safety Oriented & Sensitive
• Ability to lead by example and supervise a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds. This includes praise, discipline, training, etc...
• Excellent knowledge of mechanics and electricity.
• Ability to read and comprehend vendor repair manual instructions.
• Ability to perform very heavy work -- routinely lift 25-75 lbs., occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
• Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Organizational and Delegation Skill
• Scheduling and Planning Abilities
• Shipping and Receiving Knowledge
• Operating all Material handling equipment
• Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Must have valid Driver's License without major violations on record.
• Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Ability to act proactively or find a solution with work-related problems.
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
Red-D-Arc would like to thank all candidates for their application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.