Field Marketing Coordinator
The Field Marketing Coordinator is responsbile for providing support to select strategic lines of business at Comerica Bank.
Successful incumbents have strong function al and technical skills, can learn on the fly, are effective problem solvers, are organized, inform as needed, are action-oriented, display strong written communication skills, are customer focused and strive for self-development.
Comerica Bank uses Microsoft Office Suite Products for database, calendaring and e-mail functions.
This Field Marketing Coordinator position is located at 3551 Hamlin Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 and reports to the Field Marketing Manager.
* Plan and execute multiple events and sponsorships across Comerica regions.
* Manage, plan and execute forums, conferences, trade shows, banking center openings, sponsorships, and other misc. meetings. Execute event overflow projects as assigned from other markets in support of team.
* Proactively assist Market Executive Leadership and Marketing/Field Brand Manager in identifying, defining and activating planned event activity; verify budget, timing and other executional parameters prior to initializing execution.
* Communicate to and coordinate the involvement of all business lines to maximize impact and synergy of each event
* Coordinate event logistics by engaging and supervising vendors, contractors, caterers, tradeshow booths and all display inventories.
* Execute plans that may include coordination of meetings and communications in advance of the event and in support of the event such as mailings, invitee response management, organization of registration and name badges, on-site set up, take down etc.
* Assist with development of new ideas for event execution that create ongoing budget and operational efficiencies while promoting the Comerica brand for retail and business leads.
* Verify and manage projects to budget parameters and gain approval for any incremental budget expenditures from the Department manager.
* Document best practices; implement as planned.
* Follow approved Marketing Processes including working appropriately with internal teams such as Ad Services and external teams such as Legal and Compliance.
* Document all event activity on CONNECT and provide regular reporting and recaps for management including measurable metrics and secondary business impact (eg public relations exposure, Marketing Central, CONNECT National Event Calendar).
* Input and update Action Plan & Budget report for events during planning stages.
* Input and update Post Event Report after event. Collect attendance data whenever possible and add to CONNECT database. Create and distribute attendance reports as needed for executive management review.
* Solicit and post details on events within region at least bi-monthly and whenever field projects are assigned on CONNECT. Maintain proactive and regular communication with regional editors and business unit contacts. Regularly review event postings for geographic region to assure they are complete and appropriate.
* Effectively manage all projects within the prescribed parameters of established Corporate Marketing & Communications processes specifically those involving marketing material development.
* Pro-actively manage planned activity and established lead times in order to improve turnaround time and minimize incremental vendor costs; also provide adequate and accurate information during the creation of creative briefs.
* Set appropriate expectations among internal clients regarding lead times and educate/manage those clients regarding creative development processes; effectively convey the implications when necessary.
* Manage overall process so that rush requests are invoked in no more than 5% of originated projects (excluding those mandated by required legal activity or specific exceptions sanctioned by the CMO).
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Travel required is up to 25%.
* Bachelor's degree or some college and 4 years marketing experience to include event management
* 3 years experience in general marketing
* 2 years project management experience
* 1 year experience presenting to management groups
* 3 years experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
At Comerica Bank, we’re looking for leaders to help guide a higher level of banking.