Field Marketing Manager - Round Rock, TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 10, 2017
Reference ID: 16000SQY
Field Marketing Manager– Round Rock, TX
As a Client Solutions Group Field Marketing Manager for Central and Medium Business, you will interact directly with sales teams, sales leadership, product managers, and cross functional marketing teams to drive the Client product portfolio. You will be responsible for achieving Notebook, Desktop, Workstation, and Tablet unit plans and financial goals.
This highly visible role requires expertise and polished interpersonal skills. Executive presentation skills and the ability to “think on your feet” are a must. Delivering product presentations to customers, sales leaders, and sales teams is a common occurrence. You will also be responsible for presenting business performance updates during executive business reviews.
Detailed product knowledge is not a requirement, and usually comes with time in role. The successful candidate will:
· Be able to ramp up quickly on Client products and business processes.
· Have strong self-motivation, with the ability to establish productive, collaborative relationships
· Prioritize those crucial few actions to drive the Client business
· Display solid business sense, with the ability to identify actions based on objective and subjective inputs
· Have excellent inter-personal skills to work effectively in a team, and be able to communicate up through the executive level
· Enjoy working closely with sales, sales leadership, and cross-functional marketing teams to drive Client goals
Examples of field marketing manager responsibilities will include:
· Reviewing large deals to ensure proper product positioning and pricing
· Conducting sales facing events and training sessions to support new product launches
· Providing direct sales team support on critical product issues
· Ensuring pipeline volume is sufficient to achieve quarterly financial targets
· Managing the Client seed unit program to drive customer adoption of Dell products
· Staffing internal and external Dell events
· Providing inputs to the product planning process, to include recommendations on product configuration, targeted product mix, and transition strategy
· Driving Smart Select unit goals
What’s exciting about this role?
· You will have the opportunity to interface with multiple levels in the organization to make a business impact.
· The environment is dynamic and fast-paced, with plenty of opportunity to develop a broad understanding of the Client business
· Challenges abound. There’s always an opportunity to improve a process, solve a problem, help someone close a deal, or provide critical input to make the business more successful.
- BA or BS Degree, Business with a Sales or Marketing focus preferred plus 8 years of work experience
- Previous experience working directly in or with sales
- Strong planning, budgetary and project management competencies
- In-depth understanding of the sales process and a desire to partner with them to help them achieve their revenue goals
- Proven success developing marketing plans and programs, identifying opportunities and optimizing ROI
- Working knowledge of Powerpoint, Excel, Marketing Automation (Eloqua) and Salesforce.com
Listen. Learn. Deliver. That’s what we’re about.
Dell empowers countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Field Marketing*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Field Marketing Manager - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000SQY*