Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $450 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets.
As a Field Marketing Manager of Software Solutions, you will be responsible for the enablement of commercial execution for Scott Safety's range of software offerings. You will work with the product management, marketing communications, and training teams to enhance the training and enablement of the sales and distribution network. In addition, you will work with the sales team and our customers to communicate the value proposition, develop implementation strategies, and drive adoption of these offerings. Current software offerings include applications that provide firefighter accountability, air management, and service / asset management solutions.
A successful candidate will have a strong technical knowledge of software and experience in complex customer implementations, with an ability to champion new software and product introductions and commercialization. You will also work with the technical support and customer service teams to implement tools to enhance the overall customer experience with our products. An effective candidate in this position will have an ability to develop trust & credibility to influence cross-functional, global teams and stakeholders needed to deliver growth and enhancements to our global software offerings.Job Responsibilities
• Drive sales growth of software platforms through new sales and support tools and direct customer sales support
• Establish training program for sales and distribution network
• Insure on-time implementation of software platforms with large customer accounts
• Support product management and software development teams with customer needs identification and feature definition
• Establish technical and thought leadership through workshops, webinars, and other educational content development
• Support and implementation of new marketing campaigns
• Assist in the development of market collateral support materials and product literature
• Travel expectation is approximately 40% (18-22 weeks per year). Includes international travel.Job Qualifications:Competencies & Skills
• Software Implementation and Enablement
• Strong communication and Presentation Skills
• Customer Focus
• Cross Functional Team Leadership
• Fundamental Marketing Principles
• Familiarity with Best Practices for Customer Service and Support
• Global Experience
• Technical Aptitude in Software and Solution Development
Required Job Skills
• Fire Services or Industrial software field experience
• Past experience in technical sales consultancy or professional services preferred
• Articulate value proposition through training, customer visits, and industry events
• Identification of customer needs, through execution of VoC activities
• Ability to articulate both commercial and technical benefits to customers
• Experience with the Municipal (Fire Services) and/or Industrial markets desired. Knowledge of wireless communications and/or Accountability Systems a plusEducation & Experience
- Bachelor's degree is required (Engineering, Computer Science or Business preferred).
- 5 Years of Software Product Management and/or Sales experience or 10 years of experience working with technical products is required.
- Experience working with personal communications equipment, software offerings, and/or Accountability Systems strongly preferred.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.