About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Hematology Field Medical Director (FMD) is a field-based medical colleague responsible for providing therapeutic area /product expertise for the NS-Pain therapeutic area in the Mid-America region (Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama) focusing on the Hematology therapeutic area's in-line and late-stage portfolio.
The responsibilities of the FMD are to contribute to the company ability to (a) communicate new and other important approved medical content to therapeutic area health care professionals (HCPs) in local, regional or national capacities including therapeutic area HCP decision-makers at organized customers such as Medical Groups, Integrated Delivery Networks, Payers, etc. and engage in other approved communications in accordance with approved FMD guidance; (b) provide truthful, accurate and scientifically supported information in response to direct unsolicited medical requests from HCPs in a manner that complies with all applicable the company guidelines, policies, and procedures; and (c) provide therapeutic area/product expertise for regional and other Medical Affairs and/or clinical development needs as approved by FMD leadership (e.g. formulary presentations, field force training, organized customer projects/collaborations, scientific congress participation, the company-sponsored research site / investigator interactions, TA/product expertise for the company-sponsored NIS, IIR inquiries etc.).
The FMD will interact with HCPs in the region including therapeutic area HCPs affiliated with organized customers. The FMD will respond to medical questions regarding the company products for the designated therapeutic area and other the company medicines as appropriate. The FMD may be involved in presentations to payers, managed care organizations,
formulary decision makers and regional medical advisory boards in accordance with the designated therapeutic area medical strategy established by the FMD TL. The FMD will also facilitate communication between regional and national HCPs and headquarters Medical Affairs colleagues and provide customer insights that contribute to the development of brand medical strategies as appropriate. The FMD will facilitate both the company sponsored and investigator initiated research activities in their regions, as determined by the HQ Medical teams and in accordance with guidance.
• The FMD will primarily be responsible for providing approved medical content on the company
products in the designated therapeutic area to HCPs who have local, regional, or national roles in health care provision and/or decision-making as determined by the company the GIP FMD, FMD TL, and US Medical Affairs.
• Serve as a conduit and resource for customer insights pertaining to disease areas and the company
• Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in the designated therapeutic area by
continuously reviewing literature in the field, monitoring competitor activities, networking with experts and attending assigned conferences.
• Contribute to the medical planning for brand/asset team projects and activities, and work with
medical leadership to develop and implement the FMD team medical plan for the company products in the designated therapeutic area.
• Maintain effective and appropriate communication and collaboration among headquarters
medical colleagues, Medical Information and other the company FMD colleagues. Serves as a project lead for the field team as assigned by the GIP FMD leadership.
• Serve on medical and/or disease area and asset cross-functional committees, as appropriate.
• Ensure compliance with all internal/external SOPs/Rules/Regulations
• Serve as conduit and medical resource to therapeutic area investigators and researchers, as appropriate.
Education / Experience
Doctoral degree (MD) with 5 or more years of experience following the last stage of training, including 2 or more years of experience in clinical and/or health services research (preferably in the pharmaceutical industry). Direct patient care experience in Hematology preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Excellent and demonstrated interpersonal skills: ability to understand and respond to multiple
external and internal customers' demands, manage and handle conflict constructively required.
• Demonstrated ability to
- Manage a significant volume of projects developed in a field-based environment, while exhibiting the ability to prioritize, provide oversight, demonstrate excellent judgmental skills and work in a continuous improvement environment.
- Work within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary team to foster strong the company/customer professional relationships and which are aligned with the company business objectives.
- Effectively manage through and lead change in an ever-changing and evolving external health care environment.
- Flexible to new opportunities (e.g. new therapeutic areas) and adaptable to organizational change.
- Ability to problem-solve and network throughout the organization to identify solutions.
- Collaborate effectively and demonstrate leadership and teamwork with peers, internal stakeholders and external customers that inspires alignment and partnership on a shared vision or strategy.
- Be a self-starter, be accountable and have a sense of urgency in delivering results that have medical impact and yield a positive customer experience.
- Maintain self-awareness and continually choose behaviors and responses based on how it impacts one's own and others' performance and engagement.
• Demonstrated clinical and technical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly adopt and utilize new digital technology and other resources
with medical customers and record medical interactions (e.g. iPad, Acronis, WebEx, on- demand video-conferencing, iMED)
• Familiarity with internal/external SOPs/Rules/Regulations regarding the company/customer interactions and relationships, etc.
RELOCATION PROVIDED FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
Director-level/US Grade 19/MD required
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.