Senior Field Medical Scientist – Oncology Melanoma/RCC
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posted: June 14, 2017
Reference ID: 1702413
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The FMS role embodies our medical mission in becoming a trusted, agile partner who engages in relevant dialogue and delivers timely, high impact data and insights that advance the science or accelerate access, optimize medical practice and drive appropriate adoption of BMS medicines. The FMS role is field-based and it is anticipated that an FMS will spend a minimum of 60-70% of their time in the field with external customers.
The primary role of the FMS is to develop relationships and maintain contacts with research focused Thought Leaders (TL) and Healthcare Providers (HCP) within their healthcare system. The purpose of interactions is to engage in meaningful scientific exchange that will ensure patients have access to BMS medicines, to ensure their safe and appropriate use through peer to peer discussions aligned with medical strategies and needs expressed by external stakeholders. The scientific dialogue focuses on scientific/clinical information around disease management, treatment landscape, and BMS products in a fair and balanced way and includes appropriate clinical and value related discussions.
• Ability to drive a company-provided car is an essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive a BMS-provided vehicle between locations (often a great distances apart), and arrive at each location ready and able to enthusiastically and efficiently demonstrate an applied knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends. Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity and responsible and safe driving history.
• MD, PharmD, DNP, or PhD, with experience in a specific Disease Area or with a broad medical background (preferred) OR Science Graduate with relevant pharmaceutical experience
• A minimum of 2 years working in a clinical or pharmaceutical environment
** As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of "Qualified Driver," as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver's license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
• Disease area knowledge and an understanding of scientific publications
• Knowledge of a scientific or clinical area
• Knowledge of clinical trial design and process
• Knowledge of the national healthcare and access environment
• Knowledge of HEOR core concepts
• Excellent English language skills, spoken and written
• Travel required
• Ability to work independently and act as a team player
• Translating scientific or clinical data into an understandable and valuable form to help physicians best serve their patients
• Good communication and presentation skills to present scientific and/or clinical data to research or healthcare professionals
• Developing peer-to-peer relationships with TLs, scientists and other healthcare professionals
• Ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments
• Demonstration of the BMS Core Behaviors