Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in over 30 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Field Operational Risk organization is a strategic change agent which builds trust-based relationships with Field Management, Products, and Business Support teams to improve our department's control environment. We challenge the status-quo to uncover and realize efficiencies, accept accountability for persistent improvement, and leverage our broad spectrum of expertise to monitor and mitigate risk and detect unknown control gaps through a robust testing program.
Role: Risk Analyst, Field Operational Risk (Baltimore, MD)
• Execute Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) quality assurance testing across a wide range of functional areas, including: Field Management, Digital, Investment Solutions, Capital Markets, Strategy and Advisory Solutions, Infrastructure Risk, Investment Resources and Institutional Wealth Services
• Partner with key stakeholders (including business control units, control owners and operational risk leadership) to define test plans, source data, execute testing, communicate test results and define control remediation plans if/when control gaps are identified
• Identify opportunities for operational improvement and/or remediation and assist with corresponding change management activities, including: requirements development, process design, policy/procedure revision, etc.
• Support a variety of operational risk management initiatives and special projects, including targeted risk assessments and remediation projects
• Support the development and maintenance of team procedures, risk management tools and data repositories
• Financial services experience (familiarity with wealth management operations is preferred)
• Risk management, compliance and/or audit experience
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (familiarity with MS Access is preferred)
• Must be comfortable working closely with various business, risk, compliance and audit functions
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
• Bachelor's Degree
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.