Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Operations Intern - Georgia, are to:
Who you are
- Assist in crop and trial establishment involving measuring and labeling plots, planting/transplanting crops, evaluate plots for efficacy and crop phytotoxicity, assist with irrigation systems, and harvest;
- Mixing and application of crop protection products under the supervision of the Field Operations Representative;
- Assist with loading and hauling equipment to research sites in the supervisor's territory;
- Perform field trial and equipment maintenance;
- Assist with establishment and monitoring of Sales demonstration trials;
- Entry of data into the SCOUT system;
- Other duties as assigned.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university, pursuing degree in an Agronomic Science or closely related Biological or Agricultural field of study;
- The candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team and must be able to physically perform field duties (including lifting up to 50 lbs.) under highly variable conditions;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills together with the ability to operate in a safe and efficient manner;
- A valid, unrestricted driver's license;
- Ability to work around allergens like peanuts, peanut dust, tree nuts and high pollen environments.
- Experience on a farm or agricultural background is preferred along with a general knowledge of computer operating systems;
- A non-commercial or commercial pesticide applicator license in the state of residency.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.