Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
With general direction from Area & Procurement leadership, the Area Procurement Manager leads strategic cost savings projects and handles tactical implementation of national procurement initiatives and related processes to maximize business opportunities and optimize cost for the assigned areas. This includes but is not limited to supporting tactical vendor management objectives, rationalizing the supply base, leveraging spend, reducing rates, participating in the on-going transformation of procure-to-pay processes, and implementing compliance processes to ensure sustained value capture.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Provides procurement support to multiple field leadership teams within large geographical areas, providing input to strategies that drive solutions to field leadership requests.
• Manages supply chain projects for assigned areas and maintains the momentum of procurement activities to support the fast pace of field operations.
• Manages a portfolio of area and national vendors partnering with corporate Category Managers to manage national relationships.
• Negotiates process and business needs with vendors in varied markets and works with contract management to finalize contract arrangements for assigned areas, working cross-functionally with Legal, Risk Management, Finance, Maintenance and Operations teams.
• Conducts bids and evaluates responses recommending bids of acceptable quality, cost saving and payment terms for final approval, and awards contracts upon approval from Procurement and field leadership.
• Partners with Procurement Effectiveness team to research sources of supply and facilitate e-Sourcing and RFx processes as set forth by field & corporate Procurement leadership.
• Maintains continual contact with end users for assigned categories and/or areas to compare local purchase agreements and leverage terms and conditions for national agreements.
• Monitors and manages to relevant metrics including spend analytics, procure-to-pay processes, operational efficiencies, supplier performance and benefits capture of major subcontractors.
• Develops trusted relationships with field partners and aligns corporate Procurement goals with field operational goals.
• Maintains open communications between Procurement and field operations, and coordinates with other departments to determine the need and schedule for assigned commodities.
• Develops and implements cost reduction initiatives and delivers YOY financial benefits to assigned projects/categories.
• As defined by senior Procurement leadership, facilitates the execution of defined procurement strategies, including driving alignment and compliance with all corporate sourcing initiatives.
• Supports effective communication to field team of priorities established by senior Procurement leadership.
• Implements and enforces purchasing policies and procedures and company- wide Procurement supported projects.
• Travels domestically, up to 50% on short notice.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, or Accounting and/or Master’s in Business Administration.
• Minimum of 5 years of supply chain and/or equivalent experience (i.e. Finance, Engineering, Accounting, Transportation, Operations, etc.). (Required).
• Professional supply chain certification (e.g. CPM, CPSM, Six Sigma)
• Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, or Lean Sigma experience.
• Direct experience negotiating contracts involving multiple spend categories.
• Demonstrated experience leading or providing direction to others.
• Ability to recognize and consider inter-dependencies between customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
• Effective supplier management skills, including the ability to work with and influence supplier executive management.
• Proficiency with eProcurement systems and MS Office. Strong analytical skills with a focus on detail, cost drivers, and total cost of ownership.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with customers and stakeholders across multiple time zones to build strong internal and external relationships while maintaining a high sense of urgency and customer focus.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects or tasks with varying and sometimes competing timelines.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.