The Field Program Manager is responsible to train and provide direction to a large team of informal reports who manage the inspections compliance process. This manager will oversee day to day inspection processes, process improvements and internal key stakeholder collaboration and communication.
The Field Program Manager will also play a key role in helping to research and roll out new markets inspection and compliance processes for the Install function. This includes vetting out local requirements, building relationships with county and municipal employees and documenting key processes and provisions. Responsibilities:
- Training: Training and up-training inspections personnel in the field and keeping them up to date with all changes to the company standard operating procedures.
- Centralized Inspection Requirements: Responsible to maintain a centralized inspection requirement knowledge base to use for training and reference by all departments.
- New Market Research: Responsible to research important inspection requirements / information for potential new markets or updates for existing markets.
- Field Support: Ability to jump in and help a Lead Inspection Tech schedule inspections and fill their calendar in circumstances where it is needed.
- Hiring Support: Responsible to assist the Operations Managers with the management of headcount in each office in the field.
- Fail Rates: Assist remote offices in identifying and reducing the total inspection fail rate and teaming with the office to find common fails.
- Inspection Efficiency: Help Lead Inspection Techs and Inspection Techs identify issues in reaching full productivity in field inspection processes. Keep inspection personnel accountable to their inspection stats reporting
- Process Improvement / Implementation: Help improve our current processes to be more efficient and proactive by collaborating and obtaining feedback from other departments. Flag potential issues before approving of and announcing the change to the LITs and OMs.
- Central Spokesperson & Resource to Field: Responsible to communicate needed updates to the field and to promptly answer questions or redirect them to the correct person.
- Additional Field Projects: Additional field projects will be required at times including research, working on higher priority issues with cities / counties, and other projects where your expertise will be beneficial.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Operations and process improvement experience
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- 2+ years in an operations or project-oriented role preferred
- Experience in a leadership or management role preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience preferred
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and provide local and/or state licensing according to state requirements.
V ivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.