Eaton’s Electrical Division business is seeking a Field Project Engineer. The Field Project Engineer will be based at our Nashville, TN, Fenton, MO, or Lenexa, KS location.
The Field Project Engineer will support Project Managers and enhance the value generated for customers. This position will work independently on daily tasks, leverage centralized resources to manage documentation, and support field based project managed orders. It will be necessary
to collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits. This position is responsible for managing technical information and customer relationships for major commercial construction and/or industrial projects. It will take direction from local Project Managers and report into a Regional Manager of Project Management. The primary functions include: managing the assigned customer base to increase sales in the local marketplace; provide sales and technical assistance to distributors, contractors, and internal personnel; support Project Managers by managing technical information and customer relationships for major commercial and construction and/or industrial projects; support total quality efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry; and financial and budget responsibility.
- Review of project specifications and contracts
- Review of order specifics prior to entry insuring technical accuracy
- Management of technical changes to the bill of material
- Coordination and interpretation of plant drawings
- Leveraging centralized resources for the creation of submittal packages
- Closure of warranty issues
- Review of operations and maintenance materials
- Ensure that accurate information flows to and from the customer
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working within the electrical industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must possess technical sales aptitude, market channel knowledge and power distribution expertise
- Capable of working in a team environment, using strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish customer relationships within the market area while maintaining and growing existing customer relationships
- Knowledgeable of Eaton products and service capabilities and can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight
- Possess organizational, presentation, training, and planning skills
- Knowledgeable of market and industry issues, key trends, and surround competitors
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years of electrical industry experience and product knowledge
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior sales and/or sales support experience
- Prior experience working with EPC’s
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.