Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an immediate opportunity for a Field Project Leader in the Midwest/Central Region. Position Overview:
The Field Project Leader is a highly credible consultative business partner who will be responsible for grounding service processes in two main areas: break-fix/turnarounds, and National Response Team (NRT) deployment. Break-fix/turnarounds consist of grounding company processes at identified broken Market Centers within a region for short term turn. NRT deployment includes several highly skilled special project management assignments outlined below. This position will be utilized as a shared service company wide.
This position will not have direct reports, but will have a dotted line responsibility for the ROM and DM positions working closely with General Managers (GM), Assistant General Managers and various other departments' throughout the organization during these short-term turn around interactions. Essential Functions: THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY CONTAIN SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
Break Fix/Turn around Components:
- Lead and leverage resources available in the region/company to address struggling service departments and turn them effectively and quickly. From a break-fix perspective, direct the facility toward becoming self-sufficient.
- May be assigned open GM spot for temporary coverage.
- Mentor and integrate new GMs.
- Partner with the other National Service Project leaders to share talent throughout the organization.
- Employ great teamwork in partnering with the Senior Directors of Production to resolve service/production related issues.
- Develop great teamwork in partner with Operations Support to ensure standardization and execution of company programs and processes.
- Partner with General Management to effectively manage ROM/DM performance and constantly upgrade talent within assigned turn around locations.
- Work with appropriate Market Center and Regional resources to consistently deliver a safety culture where nobody gets hurt.
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local Laws, including all AUS Policies and Procedures.
National Response Team (NRT) Components:
Qualifications Working Environment:
- Partner with Labor Relations to ensure execution of the company labor strategy if work stoppage were to occur and deploy appropriate NRT team members for coverage.
- Utilize and keep current team members on NRT list including annual certification process.
- Organize and work with National Accounts for special large account installs.
- Organize and work with operations teams to supply coverage in natural disaster situations.
- Organize and work with operations teams to supply coverage if an acquisition were to occur.
Majority of position will be based in an office environment, but when in the plant environment there will be exposure to adverse temperatures which may include extreme hot or cold. Additionally, when in the plant and field environment physical activities such as lifting, reaching, bending, walking, sitting, standing, pushing and pulling will be required. Extensive travel required. Must have valid driver's license. Education:
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience. Required Experience:
- 7 years or more of Service Management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to influence and lead people and get results through others.
- Established credibility with the organization with a solid track record of proven results in service measurements categories, customer service, and business results.
- Solid knowledge of financial information including: profit and loss, sales, and capital expenses
- Develop and implement best practices.
- Demonstrated successful interfacing with a variety of organizational functions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent management, negotiation, labor relations, and communication skills
- Knowledge of safety regulations and implementation.
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience in General Management.
- Bilingual - Spanish/English.
- Previous P&L experience.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.