Alternate Locations include: Dallas, TX; Fort Worth, TX; Houston, TX
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Project Manager - Installation Position Summary:
Project Managers are responsible for managing fire alarm, security, communications, and sprinkler installation projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions. The PM oversees and communicates project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, material delivery, labor schedules, and field installation. Develops a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets. Conducts Work in Progress meetings. Understands and follows all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications. Ensures AHJ requirements and departmental/SOX procedures are followed. Convey a sense of professionalism, fairness, and concern for customers, labor and management. Coordinates change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job.
This project manager position will also require managing service contract work for a large client which will include but not be limited to the following activities; requesting inspection schedules, monitor and manage inspection schedules, manage and follow up on repair quotes, ensure repairs are completed and retested in a timely manner. Key Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications: Key Requirements:
- Methodology - Understanding of Project Management methodology and key knowledge areas: Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Procurement Management.
- Communication/Coordination - Responsible for communication and status reporting to project staff, customer and management.
- Responsible for work plan, managing project resources, duty assignment, responsibilities, scope of authority and provides technical advice and problem resolution to all aspects of project.
- Fiscal - Responsible for tracking projects expenditures and installation progress through reviews of status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules of plans as required. Maintains full financial accountability to project; requires ability to forecast financial trends across project, ability to understand internal and external client cost structures and integrate, or translate to/from Simplex-Grinnell accounting methodology using AIA standards.
- Quality - Maintain full accountability to project quality; conducting inspections of work site, ensuring workmanship meets installation required quality standards and expectations.
- Customer Service - Provide responsive, concise, and professional support to all customers and other personnel and ensures timely follow-up on all customer concerns and issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business or equivalent field.
- Five years fire protection, construction, alarm/detection, or related project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
- Possess a strong and active working knowledge of MS Excel. Be able to create tracking spreadsheets, reference data in other spreadsheets and create macros.
- Knowledge of NFPA and IEC standards, Underwriter's requirements and applicable building codes preferred.
- NICET Level II or higher preferred
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Travel: 60%-80% or as needed.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.