Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visithttp://www.johnsoncontrols.com/ or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Field Project Manager - SimplexGrinnell
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best. This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role :
• Project Managers are responsible for managing fire sprinkler projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions.
• The PM oversees and communicates project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, material delivery, labor schedules, and field installation.
• Develops a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets. Conducts Work in Progress meetings.
• Understands and follows all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications.
• Ensures AHJ requirements and departmental/SOX procedures are followed. Convey a sense of professionalism, fairness, and concern for customers, labor and management.
• Coordinates change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job.
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical, business or equivalent field.
• 3+years fire protection, electrical installation, construction, or related project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
• Possess a strong and active working knowledge of MS Excel. Be able to create tracking spreadsheets, reference data in other spreadsheets and create macros.
• Knowledge of standards, Underwriter's requirements and applicable building codes preferred.
• NICET Level II or higher preferred
• Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating.
• Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
• Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
• Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate and to meet the customer's needs.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.