Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the Fire Alarm, Fire Protection and Security industry, we've been keeping Commercial, Institutional and Industrial Properties safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have a talented team on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best. Johnson Controls / SimplexGrinnell is currently looking to hire a Field Project Manager III in Boston, MA. Please Apply to this direct Link Below:
https://jobs.johnsoncontrols.com/job-details/field-project-manager-iii/702049012/ Key Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications: Requirements:
- Responsible for managing fire alarm, security and communications projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions.
- Oversees and communicate project progression from inception to completion including design, permitting, material delivery, labor scheduling, and field installation.
- Develops a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets.
- Conducts Work in Progress meetings.
- Understands and follows all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications.
- Convey a sense of professionalism, fairness, and concern for customers, labor and management.
- Coordinates change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job.
Rewards and Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business or equivalent field.
- 5+ years Fire Alarm, Security and/or electrical installation project management experience
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
- Possess a strong and active working knowledge of MS Excel. Be able to create tracking spreadsheets, reference data in other spreadsheets and create macros.
- Knowledge of standards, Underwriter's requirements and applicable building codes preferred.
- NICET Level II or higher preferred
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate and to meet the customer's needs.
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.