What you will do
Leads moderately complex projects that generally have been assigned a medium to high corporate priority. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project management, setup of local project offices, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintains control of schedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at all times. Presents to management and/or customers on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. May manage vendor relationships throughout the installation. Ensures projects are closed on time and in scope.
How you will do it
What we look for:Required
- Demonstrate management/leadership abilities including: training, team building, district administration, and effective interaction with customers.
- Set and manage productivity and performance expectations for direct reports.
- Ensure safety and industry training is current and documented for all installers and that they have all the appropriate information prior to arrival at the job site.
- Ensure that work outside scope is identified for change orders.
- Provide all appropriate field documentation to close out projects.
- Maintain schedule of installers and track hours assigned to projects.
- Work in conjunction with the service team to complete service work as needed.
- Provide accurate project status updates during project review meetings
- Conduct regular job site safety walkthroughs and EHS evaluations as well as accident investigations.
- May help interview and/or evaluate employees and apprentices.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service with internal and external clients at all times.
- High school diploma or GED required
- B A Degree Preferred
- Five plus years' of experience in the Construction or Life Safety Industry primarily focusing on the installation of the electronics fire alarm security systems, and/or communication system
- Supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of P& L a plus.
- Experience or knowledge of Excel and Oracle.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Windows 7/XP/NT/2000.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening, drug test and MVR.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com