Field Project Manager II - SG What you will do
Leads moderately complex projects that generally have been assigned a medium to high corporate priority. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project management, setup of local project offices, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintains control of schedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at all times. Presents to management and/or customers on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. May manage vendor relationships throughout the installation. Ensures projects are closed on time and in scope. How you will do it
What we look for
- Project Managers are responsible for managing fire alarm, security and communications projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions.
- The PM oversees and communicates project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, material delivery, labor schedules, and field installation.
- Develops a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets. Conducts Work in Progress meetings.
- Understands and follows all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications.
- Ensures AHJ requirements and departmental/SOX procedures are followed. Convey a sense of professionalism, fairness, and concern for customers, labor and management.
- Coordinates change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business or equivalent field.
- 3+years fire protection, electrical installation, construction, or related project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
- Possess a strong and active working knowledge of MS Excel. Be able to create tracking spreadsheets, reference data in other spreadsheets and create macros.
- Knowledge of standards, Underwriter's requirements and applicable building codes preferred.
- NICET Level II or higher preferred
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate and to meet the customer's needs.
Who we are
- Local Travel; 60% or as needed
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.