What you will do:
Junior Level Project Manager position that will assist with moderately complex projects that generally have been assigned a medium to high corporate priority. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project management, setup of local project offices, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintains control of schedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at all times. Presents to management and/or customers on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. May manage vendor relationships throughout the installation. Ensures projects are closed on time and in scope.
How you will do it:
• Methodology - Understanding of Project Management Institute's (PMI) methodology and key knowledge areas; Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Procurement Management.
• Communication/Coordination - Responsible for communication and status reporting to project staff, customer and Tyco Integrated Security management. Responsible for work plan, managing project resources, duty assignment, responsibilities, scope of authority and provides technical advice and problem resolution to all aspects of project.
• Fiscal - Responsible for tracking projects expenditures and installation progress through reviews of status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules of plans as required. Maintains full financial accountability to project; requires ability to forecast financial trends across project, ability to understand internal Tyco Integrated Security and external client cost structures and integrate, or translate to/from Tyco Integrated Security accounting methodology using AIA standards.
• Quality - Maintain full accountability to project quality; conducting inspections of worksite, ensuring workmanship meets Tyco Integrated Security installation required quality standards and expectations.
• Customer Service - Provide responsive, concise, and professional support to all customers and other personnel and ensures timely follow-up on all customer concerns and issues.
What we look for:
• Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree or equivalent work experience of at least five years
• Expectation that PMI/PMP (Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional) certification will be obtained certification within 2 years of employment in the position.
• 1 - 2 years of experience in the construction industry.
• Local Travel; 60% or as needed
Who we are:
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.