The Field Project Specialist is primarily responsible for conducting Customer Job Site Visits on active Installed or Service related contracts for the purpose of enhancing the Customer Experience while reviewing work progress and quality of work as well as validating only approved Installers are on site and safety practices are exercised.
The Field Project Specialist will also have primary responsibility to serve as liaison between Customers, Installers, Stores and Vendors as necessary to communicate any issues and provide recommendations for resolution.
To accomplish this, the Field Project Specialist must have moderate knowledge of remodeling practices and products.
The Field Project Specialist will collaborate directly with Customers, Installers, Stores and peers in order to enhance the overall Customer Experience.
Job Site Visits
• Plans daily Job/Project site visit schedule to ensure appropriate jobs are visited using program guidelines and that they are coordinated efficiently to maximize visits and minimize expenses.
• Interacts with Customer to support Lowe's value proposition and enhance the Customer Experience.
• Reviews job site ensure general work progress, quality and safety measures are on target.
• Conducts on-site meetings with Customer and Installer as needed to discuss issues.
• Evaluates job/project issues, proposed solutions and escalates when necessary to resolve.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Minimum 6 Months experience in Customer Facing Role
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent
• 1 or more Years experience in the Remodeling Industry
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2015 sales of $59.1 billion, Lowe's has more than 2,355 home improvement and hardware stores and 285,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.