Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Job Description Field Readiness provides the knowledge and creates the tools, templates and strategic approach which aid a professional services ecosystem, experiencing hyper-growth, to maintain knowledge of our product and deploy Workday in a consistent manner to maximum effectiveness for our customers. We are privileged to work with the best of the best in Professional Services, both within Workday and at all of our essential partners.
Field Readiness Architects are the primary leaders by functional product area that drive field awareness and make sure consultants are fully equipped to implement Workday.
This role within Field Readiness is focused on supporting US payroll deployments and the consultants participating in them.
* Workday product competency: potentially a Workday super user, Workday employee, customer or partner consultant in past life
* Consulting experience with project implementations: experience in the field as a billable consultant working on implementation projects within HR or Financials, understanding of project methodology concepts.
* Payroll Competency: includes functional experience gained by having worked in several roles within a company"s payroll department
* Presentation Skills: background in presenting and creating presentation materials on a large scale with multiple audience types, includes background in Training or Knowledge Management organizations (virtual, classroom, recorded, etc.)
* Publishing Skills: writing, editing and publishing competencies
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Provide functional expertise and leadership to the field through the following programs:
* Product Leadership Program
* Knowledge Sharing Sessions
* Product Release Update Certification Program
* Altitude, Rising and Workday major events
* Ongoing ecosystem events and programs
Workday tools, templates and training design for our Payroll products, to include:
* Assess the needs for tools, templates, project plans, estimating tools and methodology documentation
* Manage the creation and maintenance of pre-configurations in order to drive efficiency, including default business processes, iLoad suites, security policies and default configurations
* Work with Engagement Managers and Services Alliances Managers to identify critical gaps in consultant knowledge base and develop strategy to close those gaps
* Product Management alignment for strategic and tactical planning across the product area
* Keep up to date and provide feedback on feature designs, product roadmap and development progress of specific product area
* Keep consulting ecosystem up-to-date on new features and appropriately communicate impact to customers and/or projects
* Serve as the escalation point for product issues
- Influence product direction based on customer needs and deployment needs
* Work with Customer Adoption team to develop, plan and roll out new features, services, tools and/or products
* Support consultants in the initial implementations of new features and/or products
* Gather feedback from customers and consultants on new features and/or products and work with development to ensure enhancements are documented appropriately
* Work with Customer Success to identify critical gaps in customer knowledge and work with Customer Adoption team to develop strategy to close those gaps
* 4 year College Degree or 5+ years of experience meeting above competencies
* 1+ year deploying Workday or similar ERP system
* 1+ year within a start-up company environment preferred
* 1+ years in a lead role, management role or in a role coaching others
* Some travel required, approximately 10-20%
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.