Field Reimbursement Manager - Healthcare Reimbursement - Oncology
Xcenda, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, is currently seeking a Field Reimbursement Manager to partner with clients and provide field support for patient access to physician administered drugs. Demonstrated experience with Oncology providers is preferred to be considered for this role . Territory
To be considered, applicants must reside within 45 minutes of a major airport in the Dallas or Houston metropolitan areas and be able to travel 3-4 nights per week each week. Relocation assistance is not available for this role. Position Overview
The Reimbursement Manager will work directly to support the needs of the manufacturer's sales force and their customers in coordination with their client liaison will serve as an expert in payer policies and provide support to facilitate appropriate patient access and utilization of services to ensure their access to care. Responsibilities
Activities include, but are not limited to:
• Interacting with key stake holders within the physician practice or hospital outpatient location
•Facilitating live training and education (group sizes vary)
•Reviewing patient insurance benefit options
•Validating prior authorization requirements
•Identifying alternate funding/financial assistance programs
•Reviewing appropriate billing and coding for products
•Assisting with resolving reimbursement issues
•Coordinating with our client's patient support services programs representatives.
•Educating physician office staff on the use of our client's patient assistance and reimbursement support line services including web based provider programs
•Providing information on relevant reimbursement topics related to our client's products. About Xcenda
Xcenda, a part of AmerisourceBergen, is an integrated, world-class consulting organization focused on value, reimbursement and patient access. Our company brings together a team of exceptional healthcare and business professionals whose multidisciplinary experience fulfills an unmet need in the marketplace. We provide customized solutions and innovative approaches that discover and communicate the value of pharmaceuticals and other healthcare technologies. Why Xcenda
As a member of the Xcenda team, you will be working, learning, and teaching alongside intelligent, collaborative, and experienced professionals who are inspired by what they do and highly motivated to make a difference. Whether you join us in one of our core locations: Tampa, Charlotte, San Francisco, Washington D.C. or Hanover, Germany - or work remotely like many of our Associates, you will experience what we call "Commitment that Counts" - a mindset and attitude we all share. It is the commitment that we have to our clients, to each other, and to the patients we serve that makes Xcenda such a special and unique organization and more than just a place to work. We are a group of highly motivated people -- all dedicated experts in what they do -- - who value accountability, collaboration, customer focus, innovation, integrity, and passion. We believe life is meant to be pursued and enjoyed through creative thinking, ethics and bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to everything we do.
Share in our commitment to excellence. Play a vital role in helping patients gain access to life-saving therapies. Take the next step today and learn how you can join us.Qualifications: Requirements
- Requires training generally obtained through completion of a 4 year Bachelor's degree program,or equivalent combination of experience and education. Advanced degree or specific Practice Management experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in public or private third party reimbursement arena or practice management including the revenue cycle; or pharmaceutical industry in managed care or reimbursement.
- Must have experience with specialty providers (oncology, rheumatology, urology, gastroenterology) on the reimbursement, provider and operations side
- Specific knowledge of specialty pharmacy and provider interactions required
- Technical knowledge of health care reimbursement from a patient and provider perspective (miscellaneous J codes, billing coding, appeals process)
- Knowledge of private payer Medicare and Medicaid structure systems and reimbursement process
- Ability to travel overnight for 3-4 nights per week; 75% travel
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively interact with physicians and their staff
- Ability to analyze and interpret regulation and legislation
- Demonstrated teamwork abilities
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage expenses within allocated budgets (Company Credit Card for approved travel expenses and related charges)
- Good driving record; Ability to drive during the daytime and nighttime
- Live within 45 minute drive of major airport (No relocation assistance is available)
- Ability to utilize own car for travel (mileage reimbursed)
- Ability to schedule individual work related travel (air hotel rental car as needed)
- Above average computer skills: PowerPoint Excel Word
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.