Monsanto's North America Technology Development & Agronomy organization is looking for a Field Research Agronomist (Agronomic Research Manager)
to lead the development and testing of agronomic system concepts for our products. This role will gain firsthand knowledge of Monsanto's products and associated agronomic systems research to provide technical leadership and conduct field research within their assigned geography. This includes understanding local and regional cropping systems and the development of existing and newer pipeline products. Successful candidates must have strong communication and people skills to enable cross-functional interactions with R&D Technology, Breeding and Chemistry. Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and execute a field testing program that supports corn, soybean, and/or cotton germplasm, trait and chemistry evaluations across all business units.
- Responsible for all aspects of coordination and execution of field trials; location identification, grower/cooperator contracts, trial planting, in-season trial maintenance, harvesting and relinquish data.
- Maintain USDA Regulatory Compliance. Ensure trials are conducted within regulatory and stewardship policy and paperwork is accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Technology Development Colleagues to help steward current products and introduce new products.
- Regularly integrate emerging technology tools to improve work efficiency and execution of assigned responsibilities.
- Actively participate in the site safety program.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
- Responsible for spatial data capture and proper use of GPS/GIS enabled equipment.
- Ensures equipment is properly maintained, operating and ready for use.
- Bachelor's degree in Ag/Life Sciences or related discipline completed prior to start date
- Experience in applied field research focused in row crop experimental design, field test plot management, statistics and data interpretation
- Experience operating and maintaining research and commercial agricultural equipment
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively without direct supervision, ability to work effectively with a team, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Must obtain State Certified Pesticide Applicator license
- Ability to obtain a CDL drivers license
- Ability to push, lift or pull up to 70 lbs
- May be required to work in strained or cramped positions
- Ability to pass a driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical
- MS and/or PhD in Agronomy, Agricultural Systems Management, Agriculture Engineering, Weed Science, Entomology, Soil Science or a closely related discipline
- Strong computer skills (i.e. mobile technology (tablets/smart phones), scientific/statistical software, precision farming/GIS systems, basic knowledge of databases and information reporting tools, etc.)
- Proficient at reading field protocols, research literature, and field reports translating data/statistics into market related information
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.