Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The field sales engineer position is a sales and service support position for the SimplexGrinnell division of Johnson Controls created to support the CWSI Wireless Fire Alarm products. The FSE will work in a supporting role to both the sales and service departments providing field assessments, installation guidance and specification support. The successful candidate should possess strong presentation skills, the ability to exhibit the CWSI technology in a comprehensive manner, and practical experience installing and troubleshooting fire alarm systems. Job Responsibility
Job Qualifications: Qualifications
- Provide product demonstrations, sales presentations, and regional meetings to Authorities Having Jurisdiction, Consultants and A&E's, and Owner/ End Users in the region
- On-site technical support including site surveys, system design, installation, programming & troubleshooting
- Attend and manage company promotional activities, including trade shows, technology road shows, product seminars, sales meetings, and product training.
- Work closely with entire sales organization including Business Development and Area Sales Managers on joint sales calls, product demonstrations, and lunch & learn meetings
- Provide remote site technical training to SimplexGrinnell local offices
- Other responsibilities as required to support the business.
- Travel estimated at 50%
Candidate must have a technical background with 5+ years' experience working with fire alarm products and within the fire alarm industry. Candidate must possess excellent presentation skills and be comfortable working with sales reps and contractors on a technical level as well as presenting to high level industry leaders and end users. Ability to work cross-functionally within multiple organizational departments is a key requirement to ensure complete sales and technical support to the field. Technical Skills
- In depth knowledge of fire alarm technologies and fire alarm code
- Existing field and industry presentation experience
- Professional written and verbal communication
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Highly energetic and self-starter
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities
- Field experience of 5 years
- Nicet Level 2 Fire Alarm Certification preferred
Purpose is to ensure consistent, efficient processes across locations and provide solutions and recommendations in response to process issues reported from the field. Job:
Field Sales Engineer Organization
: Johnson Controls- TYCO-SimplexGrinnell Location
: Desired Midwest/TX and OK areas location to work out of Dallas-Oklahoma City-Kansas City-St Louis. Location:
Desired Gulf Coast area location to work from Orlando-Tampa-Jacksonville
This position is not eligible for relocation
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.